Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 11:08 PM

Re: In the Days of Old

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Yes, let it all hang out, that's what I do.
I couldn't even get on with those panty girdles we used to wear in the 50's/60's & I didn't even need them then.
My mother used to wear those rubber roll-ons in the 60s. It had the texture of a bath mat.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
My mother used to wear those rubber roll-ons in the 60s. It had the texture of a bath mat.
It was in the 1970’s when l wore my mother in law’s roll-on. Please don’t tell me it had 10 or 20 years of life before l wore it!! Eeeek
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Perhaps it a had dual use when she was not wearing it.

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 12:09 AM

Looks like corsets are still around

https://best10best.com/best-waist-corset/
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 06:27 AM

If you squeeze it in it only pops out somewhere else and makes you look deformed so what's the point best to just avoid things that make you look fat like.....scales mirrors photographs
JeanMcP
Ireland
JeanMcP is female  JeanMcP has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 08:50 AM

I brought "shape wear" to wear under a dress for a wedding

The right size and it shouldn't be constricting at all, just give a smoother look

Wasn't easy to get on though, was full body, but once on I was able to eat drink and dance the night away without passing out through lack of oxygen
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 09:50 AM

I hate anything restrictive. So no chance of me ever wearing one. Once tried a roll on many years ago, never again. Comfort is of the essence.��
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 10:31 AM

I don’t see how anyone can wear these things and eat / sit / do anything in comfort.

I expect they were invented by men .
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 10:40 AM

Yes I've tried them and yes they seemed to give me some waist . I've suffered like most to try and look attractive .

I wore an all in one lacy body suit which had poppers underneath to a fancy cocktail party . I needed the loo , once unpopped I could not re pop , I struggled with one leg up and tried and tried . Luckily a friend came looking for me , with howls of laughter she had to pop me back up so I could get back out on the dance floor otherwise the thing would have ridden right up to my middle making me look like a potatoe

Oh such funny memories

Never again
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 10:44 AM

Not for me. I do have a shapewear thing and we were invited to a formal dinner last autumn, tried it on under my dress and knew I would be uncomfortable, sweaty and conscious of it all night so I took it off again! Anyway, surely once you're all squeezed in to the damn thing there must be a muffin top popped out somewhere?!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top