Join for free
Page 30 of 45 « First < 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 01:42 PM

Re: The Vindictive Nastiness if the EU

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Large companies hedge against currency fluctuations but can do nothing about tariffs

What's that got to do with it ?

Hedge funds and import tarrifs are two completely different things. Nobody speculates on tarrifs.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
And an even bigger chance of being taken to the cleaner's. It's not a good idea to depend on making deals with a man whose "success" is built on cheating.
I agree, but that is only true for respectable "leaders" with honorable principals.

Luckily the UK does not depend on the trade deal with the USA because the future is so wide open and the UK is about to "unleash its potential". It will "prosper mightily" through its "unfettered access to the EUs SM". And so forth.

You know all those promises of UKs gov concerning the sunny uplands have to believed by the people. Imagine there was only the slightest chance of all that being a giant hoax...
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The only party speaking out on leaving the EU is die AfD (right wing), but only insofar as the EU is prohibiting the afd from rwalising its goals.
Sorry jbr, but you are quite alone there, outside the EU in the cold.
Ha ha....quite alone with the 165 other countries on planet Earth that are also outside the EU......

We'll give them a cuddle to keep ourselves warm!!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
I agree, but that is only true for respectable "leaders" with honorable principals.

Luckily the UK does not depend on the trade deal with the USA because the future is so wide open and the UK is about to "unleash its potential". It will "prosper mightily" through its "unfettered access to the EUs SM". And so forth.

You know all those promises of UKs gov concerning the sunny uplands have to believed by the people. Imagine there was only the slightest chance of all that being a giant hoax...

When it comes to single markets, the EU is more dependant on ours than we are of its.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Ha ha....quite alone with the 165 other countries on planet Earth that are also outside the EU......

We'll give them a cuddle to keep ourselves warm!!
Many of which are in some kind of a customs union. The UK is going it alone, just like usa, russia, china.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
When it comes to single markets, the EU is more dependant on ours than we are of its.
Yes, you are holding all the cards. Hence the outcome of the trade deal negotiated by the boris frost tandem.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

11-04-2021, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Many of which are in some kind of a customs union. The UK is going it alone, just like usa, russia, china.

The UK had a customs union too and a single market.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

11-04-2021, 02:25 PM

Perhaps that explains why boris insists brexit got done and is not to be spoken about anymore? Like some on this forum argue for ending the brexit forum?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2021, 02:26 PM

Thank you for the details and please forgive me, if I ask the same again: you mentioned in your post #257 as an example that the EU attempts the UK from succeeding in trade deals. Now you are giving different examples.
My specific interest is *how* does the EU attempt to sabotage your success concerning trade agreements?

By the way, I did not know that the French were my friends, but okay. How does begging the UK for financial support of the tunnel (if that should be true) stop the UK in succeeding? I fail to see that.
From #257:
"We continue to be taken advantage of by the EU in their forlorn attempts to hold us back from the success we are presently beginning to demonstrate in, for example, rapid successes in foreign trade agreements and the efficient application of Covid vaccinations."

I didn't say that they were trying to hold us back specifically from making foreign trade agreements. How could they?

I said the successes we are beginning to demonstrate. I was speaking generally. They are doing that is any way they can, including going back on the agreements we have with them.

I cited the foreign trade agreements, for example, to show that we are more efficient than them, bearing in mind the length of time it takes them to achieve such agreements, presumably because they are mired in paperwork and the necessity of trying to get 27 different countries to agree anything.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

11-04-2021, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The UK had a customs union too and a single market.
Yep, as members of the EU. The UK as a individual country cannot have a customs union of its own. However, it is possible when scotland, wales and england are sovereign countruies once more.

Page 30 of 45 « First < 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top