Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 01:23 PM

Plug-in air fresheners

Do you use these? Do you like them?

My kindly neighbour downstairs gave me one after I remarked how nice her house smelled. I've just plugged it in and set it to 3 out of 5.

Previously, I had liked quality incense sticks but can't use them anymore as they set off my connected smoke alarm system and it beeps everywhere, my living room, upstairs etc.

I'm sure natural flowers would be a better option but they are so expensive; I don't have a garden, either.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 01:25 PM

Re: Plug-in air fresheners

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Do you use these? Do you like them?

My kindly neighbour downstairs gave me one after I remarked how nice her house smelled. I've just plugged it in and set it to 3 out of 5.

Previously, I had liked quality incense sticks but can't use them anymore as they set off my connected smoke alarm system and it beeps everywhere, my living room, upstairs etc.

I'm sure natural flowers would be a better option but they are so expensive; I don't have a garden, either.

I have never used one, I have the scented candles.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 02:01 PM

I like candles but they need watching over.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I like candles but they need watching over.
Which we do.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 02:42 PM

I don't use air fresheners, not plug-ins, sprays, or anything else. They are full of chemicals which I choose not to inhale day and night. I certainly wouldn't suggest anyone suffering from Asthma used them either.

Google it for yourselves and see.

As some of you probably know, I have 5 dogs indoors, but I mostly have washable floors where they are, so no smell there.
All their bedding is washed at least weekly, plus the dogs themselves are bathed before clipping every couple of months or so.
These people who buy deodorant sprays for their dogs make me angry - spraying more chemicals directly onto the poor animal, then it licks itself and ingests the stuff.
If they kept the dog's bedding clean and fresh, as well as the dog itself, there should be no need for their pet to pong in the first place.

Occasionally, if the mood takes me, I might fancy using an oil burner. I put water in it, with a few drops of which ever lovely essential oil I would like smell at the time - Lavender, Citrus, Geranium, Roses, and loads more to choose from.

The last few days I have had 2 little dishes of water on my kitchen window sills, both of which have Citronella or Lemon Grass oils dropped in them. This is to try and stop the pesky flies coming in, and also smells lovely as a bonus.
I would rather do that than use fly sprays indoors - stinky things as well as polluting my home.

At the end of the day, nothing beats fresh air blowing through - and it's a free gift to use.

P.S. If anyone wants to check it out, don't take my word for it, have a read:

https://home.howstuffworks.com/home-...r-dangers1.htm
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 02:54 PM

Yes I use a Plug-In, as I don't like Candles. I use White Linen.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

02-07-2018, 02:58 PM

I like the vanilla candles.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 03:25 PM

I love the plug ins my son uses them. Unfortunately I can't use them as I have a parrot and they would kill him as parrots only have tiny lungs and are toxic to them.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 05:00 PM

I cant stand plug-in air fresheners. I do like to use reeds and currently am using a vanilla one. I also occasionally use a scented candle if cooking smells are too strong.

I have a relative who constantly gives, candles, soap and scented drawer liners as Christmas and birthday gifts. One always know what one will receive.. I give them to a charity shop.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 08:45 PM

I like the windows open all year round. At the moment all my windows are very open and also the kitchen door onto the garden.
I dont like the scented candles personally and dont really want something permanently plugged in. When the house smelt of damp after the flood I did use that Febreeze cotton fresh spray.

I do like my incense sticks Sandalwood and at Christmas the Frankincense and Myrrh makes the place feel very Christmassy.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top