Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 10:32 PM

In the Days of Old

In the days of old when Knights were Bold, all women wore corsets.
Women of all ages wore them, not sure about the men!! Even large ladies had a waist and wore clothes that fitted nicely round the waist.
They were only removed at night and the right size was comfortable
They fastened with Hooks and Eyes or some still had laces,and you could not over eat as they became tight.

These days they are known as Shapewear and look like they are childens garment as they are so tiny. but stretch when worn
Where on earth does all that fat get dispered too?
It must move inside the body and be quite uncomforable We are urged to buy them otherwise we will look like Mrs Frump on social occasions.
I hate restricted clothing but my friend bought one.
She did look a size smaller but when we were out she could hardly breath and we went home to remove this contraption.

She had a job as she could not remove it herself and asked for my assistance
On the bed she lay and i tried to pull it down from her waist and as flesh escaped I could hardly tug it off, and with one final effort grabed it with both hands and the force flung me across the room.
It was so funny we did have to laugh.

How can these garments be healthy?
And as they can be returned, who wants to wear a used undergarment.

Is it better to let it all hang out?

What do you say?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 10:39 PM

Re: In the Days of Old

Watch the Calories and exercise.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Watch the Calories and exercise.
Yes. spitefire,

The spirit is willing.........
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 10:44 PM

Yes, let it all hang out, that's what I do.
I couldn't even get on with those panty girdles we used to wear in the 50's/60's & I didn't even need them then.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 10:45 PM

Let it all hang out, l say. There’s nothing worse than being uncomfortable.

l did try a ‘roll on’ years ago when l was in my twenties. I was going to some social thing and my tummy felt fat after having my first baby. My mother in law said, l should wear a ‘roll on’ and lent me hers!
I remember huffing and puffing and a scarlet face as l tugged it on. The broken finger nails and the dreadful feeling of being trapped as you endured wearing it for hours.

Then there was the sheer bliss when you peeled it off and flung it across the other side of the bedroom!

No one should have had to go through such torture!!
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

28-08-2020, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Let it all hang out, l say. There’s nothing worse than being uncomfortable.

l did try a ‘roll on’ years ago when l was in my twenties. I was going to some social thing and my tummy felt fat after having my first baby. My mother in law said, l should wear a ‘roll on’ and lent me hers!
I remember huffing and puffing and a scarlet face as l tugged it on. The broken finger nails and the dreadful feeling of being trapped as you endured wearing it for hours.

Then there was the sheer bliss when you peeled it off and flung it across the other side of the bedroom!

No one should have had to go through such torture!!
Quite right Artangel.

Once you have tried then you realise it is simply not worth beind so uncomfortable.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 10:53 PM

Such as it is, but, it is what it is, no pain, no gain, but there has to be a purpose to any gain, for the self, not anyone else possibly.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

28-08-2020, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Yes, let it all hang out, that's what I do.
I couldn't even get on with those panty girdles we used to wear in the 50's/60's & I didn't even need them then.

I also never wore them Tiffany as my waist was 23inches before marriage
Probably need one now, but who cares?
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

28-08-2020, 10:59 PM

The Queen has her undergarments specially made.

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

28-08-2020, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Such as it is, but, it is what it is, no pain, no gain, but there has to be a purpose to any gain, for the self, not anyone else possibly.
There is a lot of pain if you break a leg. but very little gain as you usually walk with a limp afterwards, and you will be called 'Hop along'

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top