Join for free
Page 9 of 25 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 11:53 PM

Re: Blue passports? They say we could have had them all along...

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Morning AnnieS, Morning All...

Annie, my thoughts are that the sooner Remainers stop treating those of us who voted to leave as idiots, bigots and too thick to know what we were doing, the sooner reality will hit YOU!

The same could certainly be said about those of you who voted to remain in an unelected organisation, intent on the disassembling of Sovereign States into a percentage point of a Super Federalist State.

I appreciate you are being lied to every single day by such EU loving traitorous ex-politicians such as Heseltine, Clarke, Powell, Blair, Mandelson. Clegg, Vincent and Osborne, all now defunct in all but name, but still Multi-Millionaires who crave the spotlight and happy to work alongside their EU Paymasters, to dismantle this country's sovereignty.

Didn't we put the same up against a wall wearing a blindfold with a fag in their mouth during the War?

One could also say if one wished to be as insulting as Remainers are to Brexit voters...... How can you put down your own country and listen to the pure BS that comes out of their mouths?. You are happy it seems, to listen to the scare stores, the Armageden prophecies, the gloom-and-doom of such idiots regarding Brexit.

However, you never seem to give us excellent reason for remaining when it comes to unfettered immigration, our economy, our trade, our laws, our justice, our fishing rights rightly being returned to us. Perhaps if more Remainers had put forward their reason for voting remain during the last 18 months or so since the Referendum result instead of just insulting the intelligence of those who voted leave, you may have had more success in changing a few minds. As it is, Remainers vendetta has, in my mind, surely changed quite a few minds about remaining when they realise that all the lies peddled by your group have turned out to be complete and utter rubbish.

I am heartily sick and tired of hearing the remainiacs whingeing about Brexit and, as you say, none of them has ever provided any practical advantage to our remaining, other than becoming a subservient state of the United States of Europe although I see no advantage to that.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
I think for me the blue passport will represent the shame of belonging to a country that voted for Brexit and tolerates Brexiter attitudes. It would be good if we were allowed to choose the colour of our passport to give us a chance to disassociate ourselves from such when travelling abroad.

Giving us Hobson's choice of having odious Brexiter/Tory passports without European Union on it or no passport symbolises the bullying attitude of the Brexiters and the low to which this country has been dragged by them in abandoning our allies.

I'll hang on to my burgundy one as long as possible and buy a burgundy cover to hide the shame when I have to get a blue one.
I don't think you have explained what the 'shame' is.
I suspect that you can't.

And as for 'bullying', the only people attempting to bully us are the more outspoken remainiacs who are unable to accept a democratic decision. That, if anything, is shameful.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-12-2017, 12:00 AM

Yes, but it's still a symbol of everything that is going wrong in this country, everything we're being forced to give up by the Brexiters and something to be ashamed of.

The content of our burgundy passports gave us access to live and work in 27 countries, stating European Union on the cover proudly proclaimed us to be a progressive, civilised country, supporting our allies and the principles of the West and rising beyond petty nationalism.

Now all that is being taken away as the Brexiters reduce us to their level.
Perhaps I could point out that we were able to live and work in other European countries long before the EU was thought up.
If we should lose that permission, it will be entirely due to the childish attitudes of the EU mandarins. I would also be to their loss, as we have some excellent brains and abilities which could be to their advantage.

(Sorry Julie. I see that you have said much the same thing.)
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-12-2017, 12:02 AM

So, if you replace your passport, it lasts for 10 years? So if I replaced mine now, I could get a burgundy one and avoid the shameful blue one for another 10 years, by which time hopefully common sense and integrity will have prevailed and we'll have begged to be allowed back in the EU.
Or you could go and live somewhere on the European mainland, of course, if you hate this country so much!
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 01:34 AM

This is my country and the country of the Remainers as much as it's the Brexiters and I love it dearly, which is why I'm so furious at the way the Brexiters are destroying what is best in in it. Why should we be driven out? Better to stay and fight for our country and what is right.

I don't hate this country, I hate the Brexiters and what they stand for, as symbolised by the Tory/Brexiter blue passport.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 01:41 AM

This is my country and the country of the Remainers as much as it's the Brexiters and I love it dearly, which is why I'm so furious at the way the Brexiters are destroying what is best in in it. Why should we be driven out? Better to stay and fight for our country and what is right.

I don't hate this country, I hate the Brexiters and what they stand for, as symbolised by the Tory/Brexiter blue passport.
I get really fed up with the attitude that it's unpatriotic to be against brexit. Brexit is like a religion to some and remain voters are cast as pagans who must convert or be banished from the UK...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 01:43 AM

Don't worry, JBR thinks that everybody who disagrees with him hates the UK it is an automatic response.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 01:46 AM

Oh I see, his way or a UK hater, typical Brexiter arrogance.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 08:46 AM

Hi

We are not leaving our allies, we are not leaving Europe, we are leaving the EU and it's plans for a Federal State.

In reality Nato protects the EU, we and a few other Countries have been paying our dues to NATO, most other EU Countries, including very rich ones like Germany, have refused to pay their share for years.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I get really fed up with the attitude that it's unpatriotic to be against brexit. Brexit is like a religion to some and remain voters are cast as pagans who must convert or be banished from the UK...
As indeed the EU is like a religion to the remainers?

Oh I see, his way or a UK hater, typical Brexiter arrogance.
And the arrogance of stating that it is better to stay and fight for what is right... is that not arrogance also, stating that every brexiteer is wrong?

The EU is not all about economics and a free travel area, it is about the subjigation of millions of people by an arrogant elite, hell bent on maintaining their own power and lavish lifestyles by constructing an all powerful federal state, and personally I did not want that either for me, my children or my country.

Page 9 of 25 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top