Join for free
Page 4 of 55 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 > Last »
Dolce
South Africa
Dolce is female  Dolce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2011, 11:01 PM

Re: What books are you reading now?

Oh, I read about your hospitalisation!
Are you on the mend now?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2011, 11:41 PM

Slowly, yes. Still tired and weak, but getting a little less so every day, thank goodness. My appetite is still off, that's not unexpected, but really annoying to a foodie ... all the time I was in hospital I kept thinking of the good things I wanted to cook when I got home ... and now don't want them! LOL, life is not fair. But the good thing is, they got all the cancer and it had not metastesized! So I can live with the discomfort .etc .......
Dolce
South Africa
Dolce is female  Dolce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2011, 06:35 PM

I'm sure you're appetite will eventually return? I know this sounds weird but apparently cannabis helps with the pain and appetite. Some doctors prescribe it to cancer patients.
I'm so sorry about your pain ... hope and pray that you will get better soon.
AdoraRoy
New Member!
UK
AdoraRoy is female 

17-06-2011, 11:45 AM

Recently I have started reading “The Help” by Kathryn Stockett.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2011, 11:49 AM

I'm reading Powerless: The Synthesis by Jason Letts. It's a science fiction novel that I've gotten involved in quite heavily. I'm about 3/4 of the way through it already.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2011, 12:32 PM

I've just finished "Night Over Water" by Ken Follet, which was an excellent read. Now I've started "To The Hilt" by Dick Francis, who I find eminently readable....
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2011, 12:48 PM

You know, I used to be an avid reader in my late teens but gave it up until I bought bt Kindle from Amazon.com. Since then I've rediscovered reading with a passion. I've finish 4 books and have over 26 now in my library.

The Kindle is so portable, light and easy on the eyes that I can take it everywhere, and do. One more gadget to carry. I need more pockets. LOL
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2011, 10:19 PM

Project Cyclops - Thomas Hoover. A technothriller on my Kindle, page-turning read except when it gets a bit technical ... just skim over those parts to get to what the latest the terrorists or the good guys are doing.

Bob, I suspect you might like this one ... look at a review
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2011, 09:11 AM

At the moment I am re-reading The Seventh Scroll (Wilbiur Smith). I tend to skim first reads and then go back to read slower in detail. There is a copy of Wilbur Smith's latest book - Those in Peril, which is about modern day pirates off the Somalian coast (not sure about this one).
bobmielke
Portland, OR

19-06-2011, 02:23 AM

I just finished reading the first of three science fiction books in a series by Jason Letts called "Powerless: The Synthesis. It tells a story of a world where everyone is born with a power of one kind or another. The exception is the lead character who had her power stolen at birth. She struggles to live in a world where she is the odd ball competing with her friends as well as her enemies.

I enjoyed the book a great deal and subsequently ordered the second book "Powerless: The Shadowing". It picks up exactly where the first ended.

Page 4 of 55 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top