Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 04:35 PM

Re: precision drumming to keep fit

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That made me laugh and I had to read it again, because first time I read it as "nothing better physically and psychologically than beating SOMEONE with a stick."

Well, I might have wanted to type "someone", but I fought against the more rotten side of self....being and adult and all....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That made me laugh and I had to read it again, because first time I read it as "nothing better physically and psychologically than beating SOMEONE with a stick."

Well, I might have wanted to type "someone", but I fought against the more rotten side of self....being and adult, civilized, and all....
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 02:16 PM

On the Bbc Nw news last night they were talking about doctors giving out more than prescriptions, particularly to older people. One of the things they were sending people for was drumming lessons. The group they showed in Halton, was a lot energetic than on the OP. These were sitting in a circle each with a single drum. I've got bongos, but i can't get a tune out of them.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
On the Bbc Nw news last night they were talking about doctors giving out more than prescriptions, particularly to older people. One of the things they were sending people for was drumming lessons. The group they showed in Halton, was a lot energetic than on the OP. These were sitting in a circle each with a single drum. I've got bongos, but i can't get a tune out of them.

Better not do it anywhere near me, otherwise I'll lodge formal complaint with NNoise abatement Officers of Council and have drums confiscated.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 07:54 AM

An old thread but I might as well post my bit.
The drummers in the video are sure to get some good exercise from doing their thing. Plenty of upper body cardio going on.
The best thing is is that they stand up playing their drums. So many rock drummers for instance succumb to long-term back injuries due to being seated stooping over a drum kit and twisting around to hit all the drums.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top