Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 07:45 PM

Re: Another Labour Looney Bites The Dust

[QUOTE=Uncle Joe;1229989]
Originally Posted by JBR ->
And let's not forget his other preferred mode of transport: sitting on the floor of an empty train carriage, again for PR reasons![/QUOTE]

Such Bullsh*t!!! - which has been proven false umpteen dozen times and you still trot out this hoary old crap!!!
I remember seeing the pictures with my own eyes.

Were they Photoshopped?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 07:58 PM

And then there is his sidekick Diane who sends HER Son to a private school becasue 'Caribbean women will go to the wire for their children ' ( not like you British slags )
-actually they don't anymore than anyone else that's why there is so much trouble with black boys ( a fact that Diane Abott gave as the reason for privately educating her child)
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
And then there is his sidekick Diane who sends HER Son to a private school becasue 'Caribbean women will go to the wire for their children ' ( not like you British slags )
-actually they don't anymore than anyone else that's why there is so much trouble with black boys ( a fact that Diane Abott gave as the reason for privately educated her child)
Leave Jabbott the Hutt alone.

She's doing a grand job in persuading people of the sheer lunacy of voting for the Loony Party.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 08:44 PM

I am so glad that I belong to a forum with such nice people on it, wonder where they all are tonight?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 08:49 PM

Relax Purrs I'm here

But not for long gotta watch Outlander!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2017, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'd obviously love a house but flats don't have to be slums and kids can come out of them quite fine. And yes we've had an allotment too that was great. If they made more flats with gardens that would be fantastic IMO

In Farnham my bil lives in a flat he has garden at the back of the property and his neighbour downstairs has front. That seemed really good.
Julie, we have all had family or friends living in flats, I did not say flats were the future slums. I said that land grabbing to make allotments (not little gardens for each tenant) does not work. It would simply encourage squatters and goodness knows what else going on in an area where families would be bringing up children , concentrated in a particular area. All going to the same school, all the parents going to the same school gate. Some might call it community, but believe me, too closed a community is a dangerous place eventually.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2017, 07:26 AM

There is no New Frontier, we have got to make it here.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

08-09-2017, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Julie, we have all had family or friends living in flats, I did not say flats were the future slums. I said that land grabbing to make allotments (not little gardens for each tenant) does not work. It would simply encourage squatters and goodness knows what else going on in an area where families would be bringing up children , concentrated in a particular area. All going to the same school, all the parents going to the same school gate. Some might call it community, but believe me, too closed a community is a dangerous place eventually.
Why would it encourage squatters ?
People don't as far as I know squat on allotments .
Allotments are good for people who live in flats or houses with small gardens -as so many are these days- and have no outdoor space, humans need to feel close to the earth.
It a valuable hobby and what with Brexit it all helps to grow your own stuff!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2017, 09:02 AM

Allotments are good for people who live in flats or houses with small gardens -as so many are these days- and have no outdoor space, humans need to feel close to the earth.
Don't faint I'm about to agree with you
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2017, 02:41 PM

Unless you have worked in the middle of a council community you probably would not understand. Their world is too contained to their immediate surroundings. They all sit in the same classrooms at school, they play in the same park, they go to the same swimming pool, they go to the same pub, they deal the same drugs in the parks and outside the schools, they have the same racist views, they do not travel and expand their interaction. Ultimately they get into trouble together. It's another way of keeping everyone in the same space, rather than allowing them to mix into a far wider society. If you think that's wrong, then there's nothing left to say.
The trouble is, everyone these days looks at things and how it affects them , not how it pertains to those involved.

Once upon a time we had various schools to choose from for secondary education. Some from a neighbourhood went to one school another child went to another, and they created friends and activities outside of their immediate environment, which in turn created individuals.
Some of these kids now would love to escape from certain circumstances but they are trapped within the system created for them because everything is within their immediate proximity. They have no need to go anywhere further than 200 hundred yards from their homes
I think I've explained that well enough to be understood.
As it happens, there's a local council estate near to me, with allotments , but nobody want them anyway, so they are being sold to build more flats.

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top