Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 03:42 PM

Re: Keeping grey hair bright?

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Oh no it isn't - its pepper and salt!!!
Only on the week before the good hair do day.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm actually looking forward to it at the moment it's just in places not all over, that's harder to manage I find as what I need for grey I don't need for the rest
I hated that & have dyed it since it got to the stripey part..

My grey is quite fragile and breaks, I have a feeling my long hair won't be so possible once I am grey.
I had to have mine cut off shorter too, it fell out in handfuls.
Since I've had it done it doesn't fall out as much, though my hair is very fine.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 03:52 PM

I love my grey and it’s staying

Unfortunately it’s very porous and takes colour on from impurities in the air, when I worked in kitchens it would get a yellow tinge from the fat in the air

I don’t have a Sally’s near so that’s why I was asking if anyone had any recommendations themselves
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I love my grey and it’s staying

Unfortunately it’s very porous and takes colour on from impurities in the air, when I worked in kitchens it would get a yellow tinge from the fat in the air

I don’t have a Sally’s near so that’s why I was asking if anyone had any recommendations themselves

What's a Sally's?

Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 01:05 PM

An outlet that supplies hairdressers Mups ( Post #2 by Julie).
Never heard of it myself either.

I haven't been to a hairdressers since 1989.
I've never dyed or tinted my hair and wouldn't have a clue how to do it.
I do despair of my hair a bit now it's going grey. I don't mind the grey, or wont when it's all over ..

I sometimes get women coming up, touching my hair and telling me I'm very brave.
I never know quite how to take that.

It's thick, long and bushy and when I give it a good brush it fluffs up and stands out like wire wool or I've just stuck my fingers in a live socket.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

I do despair of my hair a bit now it's going grey. I don't mind the grey, or wont when it's all over ..

I sometimes get women coming up, touching my hair and telling me I'm very brave.

It's thick, long and bushy and when I give it a good brush it fluffs up and stands out like wire wool or I've just stuck my fingers in a live socket.

Thanks Mort, I had missed post 2.

You make your mop sound charming.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 01:20 PM

Sounds like you need moisture, I like to put coconut oil on my frizzy curly mop each week, sleep in it and wash out next morning, makes a huge difference.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-10-2017, 01:24 PM

Sounds like you need moisture, I like to put coconut oil on my frizzy curly mop each week, sleep in it and wash out next morning, makes a huge difference.

But if you sleep in it, doesn't it stain your pillow, or do you wrap your hair up first?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
But if you sleep in it, doesn't it stain your pillow, or do you wrap your hair up first?
I braid my hair and wrap it in an old t shirt. Actually that's a point I never use a towelling towel on my hair always wrap it in old tshirts, or it goes really wiry. Towelling is death to bright curly hair.

I have to braid mine to sleep anyway or I wake up with so many knots I may as well just give up the morning to teasing them out.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 01:36 PM

This is me too Mine is not so grey that is shows much but nearly down to my waist and curly/frizzy. I use gallons of serum on it and it's always plaited, even straight after washing.

Maybe when it's long enough to sit on I might get it chopped....if it doesn't fall out before then
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thanks Mort, I had missed post 2.

You make your mop sound charming.
More like Medusa if I put a hairdryer on it.

It gets washed and braided and once those braids are brushed out it goes ballistic.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top