Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 05:02 PM

Pork Chops and Potato Casserole

Hi everyone. Tried this recipe last night. I had a packet of 4 boneless pork chops shivering away in my freezer, so thought I had better make use of them whilst still in freezer date.
Must admit, thoroughly enjoyed the meal so sharing with you.

First, let me confess, I never trust a recipe that says to add raw potatoes to a dish, I can guarantee when I did so in the past, it was always a case of "the potatoes could have done with just 10 more minutes, so, although this recipe should be safe as cooking for one hour and potatoes thinly sliced, if you are like me, I still cut the potatoes in half and boil them for 10 minutes first. (no undercooked spuddies for me thank you).

Ingredients

4 x pork chops
1 x can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 x cup (240ml) milk
1/2 x cup (75gram) chopped onion
1 x cup (100gram) grated cheese
4 x potatoes sliced thinly (I blanched them for 10 mins first)

Preheat the oven to 200C / 400F / Gas 6 / Fan 180C

First sear your chops in a frying pan in a little oil on a medium heat for 8-10 minutes until nicely browned.

Combine the cream of Mushroom soup and the cup of milk.

Arrange the thinly sliced potatoes and chopped onions in the bottom of casserole dish (about 9 x 13 size)

Place the seared chops on top of the potatoes and onions

Pour the liquid all over the chops.

Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes, sprinkle the grated cheese all over chops

Bake for a further 30 minutes.

Wallah! I found this a really nice warming and filling casserole for these cold nights. I served it with green beans.

Enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	pork chops 1.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	4879   Click image for larger version

Name:	pork chops 2.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	4880  
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 05:21 PM

Re: Pork Chops and Potato Casserole

Sounds and looks delicious Shropshire....but I wont use so much cheese as im not keen on a lot of it.
I shall definately be giving this recipe a whirl thanks for posting it!!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 06:45 PM

Thanks Aysa, clever lady. Easy enough to halve all the ingredients. Have to admit, not a big eater myself and even He who must obey cannot manage 3 pork chops, so he had two, I had one, I scraped off any cheese and made sure no onion sticking to the remaining chop and fed it to my two little dogs, who thought it was still Christmas!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 07:10 PM

Looks and sounds delicious, but not for me as too much sugar in the Mushroom soup and Milk.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

08-01-2018, 08:07 PM

Sorry to hear that SJ. Unfortunately, you are not alone in certain foods and ingredients it's best to avoid. My bugbear is that I have to avoid Cranberries and not too many Greens, as am on Warfarin.
(Love Cranberries and my Greens) but hey ho. xx
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Sorry to hear that SJ. Unfortunately, you are not alone in certain foods and ingredients it's best to avoid. My bugbear is that I have to avoid Cranberries and not too many Greens, as am on Warfarin.
(Love Cranberries and my Greens) but hey ho. xx

Not just Cranberries either darlin', Grapefruit is on the no, no list too and I used to love fresh Grapefruit juice for breakfast to wake up ones taste buds.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top