Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 12:51 AM

Re: Mental Time travel

I'll ask him when I get a chance. I could tell you some of the things that I think he mentioned, but because I could get it wrong, it's better not to.

The terrible thing is, although the docs say he's 'bonkers' I actually know he's isn't. I believe him to have had some sort of emotional breakdown due to personal traumas, but also not long before that he was meddling in Kundalini, which can be quite dangerous , so there could be various things going on with him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 06:43 AM

I love the idea of a mental time machine especially if it takes you back to happy times. I have vivid memories but not in the same way as you describe LD I'm envious of that.

I have had strong feelings of deja vu not so much now but certainly as a child.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 07:05 AM

I was quite young when I discovered I could do it - about 10yrs I think - and I do not have to be asleep. I can just sit quietly somewhere and drift back.

Dongles - can you specify a time and place? I have tried but it does not always work - like when you wake from a nice dream and want to go back to it but can't.

Have never tried to go into the future - not sure I would like that - so I do not believe it is the same as 'Astral Projection'. As I understand it 'AP' is similar to an out of body experience and you can travel at will to places you have never been in reality.

I think your title of 'Mental Time Travel' is a better description, Dongles, because we are simply rummaging in our own memories - good or bad - and making sense of them. It is quite helpful in a lot of ways.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Gosh, I feel quite jealous, sounds wonderful. I wish I was in tune with my head.

Sorry to hear of your experience of it though Susan. That's so sad
Thankyou pesta , I think it's cathartic for me . It's incredible to have the emotions yet a healing in many ways .

It's normal for me to travel back into memories and situations , I thought it was for others to . Interesting reading these posts
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
I'll ask him when I get a chance. I could tell you some of the things that I think he mentioned, but because I could get it wrong, it's better not to.

The terrible thing is, although the docs say he's 'bonkers' I actually know he's isn't. I believe him to have had some sort of emotional breakdown due to personal traumas, but also not long before that he was meddling in Kundalini, which can be quite dangerous , so there could be various things going on with him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini
Thanks for the link, I had no idea what it was. I certainly haven't dabbled in anything like that. What I find interesting is that there is always a name for these things. The doctors might think he is nuts but where did it start initially and why do others feel the same?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I was quite young when I discovered I could do it - about 10yrs I think - and I do not have to be asleep. I can just sit quietly somewhere and drift back.

Dongles - can you specify a time and place? I have tried but it does not always work - like when you wake from a nice dream and want to go back to it but can't.

Have never tried to go into the future - not sure I would like that - so I do not believe it is the same as 'Astral Projection'. As I understand it 'AP' is similar to an out of body experience and you can travel at will to places you have never been in reality.

I think your title of 'Mental Time Travel' is a better description, Dongles, because we are simply rummaging in our own memories - good or bad - and making sense of them. It is quite helpful in a lot of ways.
Hi St

No, I can't pick a specific time, it's more of a feeling of what it was like say over Christmas or staying at my grandparents or sleeping in my old bedroom and it normally happens if I an dozing during daylight hours rather than at night.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-02-2018, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->

Thankyou pesta , I think it's cathartic for me . It's incredible to have the emotions yet a healing in many ways .

It's normal for me to travel back into memories and situations , I thought it was for others to . Interesting reading these posts
I also thought it was normal for everyone which is why I started the thread. I suppose we tend to think we are all the same.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I also thought it was normal for everyone which is why I started the thread. I suppose we tend to think we are all the same.
We do Longlegs. I saw you last night, what a noise!
Snoring has nothing on you!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-02-2018, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
We do Longlegs. I saw you last night, what a noise!
Snoring has nothing on you!
Oooooh

That noise wasn't snoring I'm afraid.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Oooooh

That noise wasn't snoring I'm afraid.
Mmmmm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronesthesia

http://www.apa.org/monitor/oct03/mental.aspx

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...vel-_n_6714550

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top