Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 04:15 PM

Lighter mornings and evenings but colder weather

I always find myself a bit loose-changed when this weather occurs. I want to go out and enjoy the cold, brisk weather, but find the glow of my fire and a good book too much to avoid.

I try and do a bit of both. I can remember some bitter Easter weather before, when it was colder than Christmas...and Easter is still a ways off. Still, it should make for good rugby playing weather tomorrow for the 6 Nations.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 04:59 PM

Re: Lighter mornings and evenings but colder weather

I know what you mean!
I keep seeing sunshine and thinking I should be doing gardening stuff but it's too cold!
I remember it snowed the week after my 16th birthday, first week in May. Never quite that late since though.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 05:07 PM

I can barely remember a snowfall in June in 1975 - a very late end to the season.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I can barely remember a snowfall in June in 1975 - a very late end to the season.

Not the first time that happened - had snow in June back in 1950s too.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 06:48 PM

As the days get longer the cold gets stronger.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
As the days get longer the cold gets stronger.
...this is almost always a true saying
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 06:55 PM

I wish Christmas would move to a snowy month, perhaps they could swap it with Easter.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I always find myself a bit loose-changed when this weather occurs. I want to go out and enjoy the cold, brisk weather, but find the glow of my fire and a good book too much to avoid.
I spent two hours up a ladder this morning peering through steaming eyes to repair a fence .

I had a lovely walk afterwards on very stiff legs
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 11:09 PM

Whatever happened to 'Global warming'......?????
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Whatever happened to 'Global warming'......?????

This weather is not inconsistent with global warming. As the sea warms up and melts the polar ice cap, it sends vast amounts of cold pure water into the ocean which weakens and even turns off the effects of the North Atlantic drift, allowing colder weather to permeate from the east, precisely that which is happening even now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top