Join for free
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 03:53 PM

More snow expected in the garden.

It looks as though we might get some more snow this weekend, although not as much as a few weeks ago.

Will you be doing anything to protect your plants which have been tricked into thinking it is Spring and safe to come out?

Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 05:21 PM

Re: More snow expected in the garden.

There's the risk of snow here as well. I luckily have a good source of mulch from our pet rabbits. I'm covering up the rhubarb and the asparagus but any flowers will have to fend for themselves.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It looks as though we might get some more snow this weekend, although not as much as a few weeks ago.

Will you be doing anything to protect your plants which have been tricked into thinking it is Spring and safe to come out?

I think we have about 3 nights of frost forecast, starting tonight.
I shall therefore have to go and recover my Camellias and Rhododenderon buds with some fleece as I don't want them to nipped off now. One has been in flower for a week or two, but two others are only just starting to split open.

The snowdrops survived the last snowfalls, so I hope those that are still in flower will be alright again this time.

2 baby Magnolias in pots I have popped in the shed for a few days.
Can't do much more.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 06:32 PM

Nothing here has been conned into thinking its spring yet. Be a few more weeks before we start to worry about the garden

Lawn in under water so cant be cut, although the mower is charged and ready to go asap as the front of the house looks a mess
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 07:10 PM

Everything is behind here Daffodil Sunday held next Sunday in aid of charity at the beautiful 'stately home' down the road has been canceled.

Spring has been postponed this year...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Everything is behind here Daffodil Sunday held next Sunday in aid of charity at the beautiful 'stately home' down the road has been canceled.

Spring has been postponed this year...
My tete a tete are all out and look great but no doubt they will be crushed if the snow settles.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top