Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 08:53 PM

Re: Do you keep cash in the house?

Yes I keep some in the house for emegency,the window cleaner,the pharmacy, who wont accept cards under £5,etc.an elderly friend doesnt understand AGM cheques etc,so when he needs money he draws £500 from his bank acc.and pays cash for everything
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
A safe!!!! Now that is posh
Really? I thought everybody had one they are so cheap these days.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 07:23 AM

I do keep some in my bag but somehow it disappears into thin air within days !
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Muddy, Have you reported this to the police?
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 10:10 AM

I have a British Coin Collection, a Bottle, Jar and Piggy Banks with change in. It wouldn't get anyone out of the Country!
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Yes I keep some in the house for emegency,the window cleaner,the pharmacy, who wont accept cards under £5,etc.an elderly friend doesnt understand AGM cheques etc,so when he needs money he draws £500 from his bank acc.and pays cash for everything
My mother did the same. I was horrified when taking her shopping for a new microwave she opened her purse and paid for it in cash. The purse was bulging with notes! She always had her pension paid in cash too and one day she dropped it whilst crossing the road. It was returned to her later that day by a young woman who found it, still complete with several hundred pounds in it. Another time she left it on a bus, again, she was lucky, someone handed it to the driver and she reclaimed it from the bus station. No matter how many times she was told not to carry such an amount of cash (she was in her 80's), she took no notice.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 12:17 PM

My mother in law was the same, until she had it lifted while shopping in the supermarket. She used her card after that.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 01:21 PM

My purse is attached to my handbag, which I have hold of all the time when I am shopping.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
That happens to me. I think my boys borrow and forget to pay back. It is only small amounts. Although sometimes I find coins at the bottom of my handbag, so my purse must leak.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 03:02 PM

There would one hell of a fuss if any of my relatives removed any money from my purse or my husband's wallet! Fortunately they would never dream of doing anything like that.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top