Join for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 07:47 PM

100-year-old woman shares her secret

Bless her

A 100-year-old woman whose photo went viral says the worldwide attention she has received is like "a dream".

Sadie Cox - who is known to her friends as Sim - celebrated her centenary at home in Brentwood, Essex, last week.

When postwoman Colette O'Connell delivered a telegram from the Queen she could not believe how young Sadie looked and took a photo of her.
This made me laugh

"I can't stand old people. I'm not on their wavelength.
Ok in context

"I can't stand old people. I'm not on their wavelength. They only talk about hospitals and the various appointments they've got. I don't want to know if you're getting your piles done tomorrow!

"Younger people always have something interesting to talk about, they talk about real life and what's going on now instead of reminiscing about how things used to be. Talk about what's going on today because that's the only thing we've got. What's been has been."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43431176
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 07:51 PM

Re: 100-year-old woman shares her secret

Fanatastic. That made me laugh about the 'Old' people.

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 07:52 PM

The nice bit.

Adam Mark Oliver

My mum is a postwoman & today she delivered this lady’s telegram from the queen for being 100 years old. When my mum asked if she could take a picture & post it online, she asked will the whole world see it? She was told yes so she said, ooh yes put it on! How sweet x

3:03 PM - Mar 13, 2018
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 07:54 PM

What a wonderful lady, she certainly doesn't look her age and she has a great sense of humour which helps to keep her young
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
The nice bit.

Adam Mark Oliver

My mum is a postwoman & today she delivered this lady’s telegram from the queen for being 100 years old. When my mum asked if she could take a picture & post it online, she asked will the whole world see it? She was told yes so she said, ooh yes put it on! How sweet x

3:03 PM - Mar 13, 2018
Great!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 11:45 PM

She’s bang on there about the complaining, you’d want to hear some of the oldies up in my local, a moan a minute, when the wife asks me where I’m going now I don’t say to the pub anymore, I just say I’m off to the surgery love, see you later.
I admire that lady, she’s got the right outlook on life and long may she continue.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 07:25 AM

You get to know the ones to avoid, trouble is as the years go by the avoid list grows
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 10:13 AM

Wonderful Azz. She sounds a right laugh. And kudos to her for prefering to be with younger people full of life rather than her own age group. Unfortunately, what she says is quite true. It comes to us all and health problems do tend to top the list of discussion once you reach a certain age. A sad but true statement.

Long may she live and continue to be young at heart.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 10:40 AM

I think she is marvellous, she has a great attitude and seems ‘on the ball’!

My only pick is, the wig in the second pic, could do with a comb!!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 01:01 PM

As I have mentioned before, I am still in touch with the lady who saved my life when a horse and cart bolted towards me when I was two. She had her 100th birthday last August. She still has all her marbles, we have a pleasant chat every few weeks when I phone her.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top