Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 04:02 PM

Re: Sleeping in separate rooms

If I was still married, I would like separate rooms now at my age. When I was young, I could sleep threw a hurricane, but now, I would be bothered by a man snoring, and jerking around all night.

Anyway, sleeping apart can be romantic, as you could visit each other's rooms once a week and have some fun...
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 08:37 PM

We've shared the same bed for 62 years. Both of us can snore abit, but not always and a nudge in the back, or side, is usually enough to stop it. We're in our 80's now and to be honest, after this length of time, I dread the day that she or I will be alone.

But, everyone to their own and some of the problems mentioned here would probably have sent us to separate rooms or beds, many years ago. I guess we were just fortunate.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 09:22 PM

i miss the cuddles -but i do fidget - but cannot stand the noises he makes when asleep
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
Before my husband died we had separate rooms for around 7 years. The reasons are....

He worked nights and I worked days. That was fine during the week, bed to myself, but at weekends I would invariably get woken up by him snoring and it didn't matter what I did I couldn't shut him up. So I would always end up in the spare room. Eventually I just started going straight in there without trying to sleep in with him.

Then I noticed that during the week when I slept in our bed my back would hurt but not when I slept in the spare room so I moved into the spare room permanently.

Another thing that drove me mad was he allowed the dog on the bed which was ok if he was on his own but when you have 2 adults and a Goldie in 1 double bed there just isn't enough room.

Even when he stayed on the floor I would wake up in the middle of the night and he'd have his head on the side of the bed, staring at me and panting, or the noise he made licking his nuts would wake me up.

And the damn dog was noisy too
Nicol

In my bestest marriage, I occasionally decamped to the spare bedroom. He had a tendency to make 'clacking' noises which drove me nuts. Always at the back of my neck too
He was such a hard grafter, he needed his rest so if after a small prod he was still at it... I left him to it. In the morning he would say 'aaah, why did you go in the other room, sorry was I making a noise again?'
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 09:57 PM

My now ex and I slept apart at my insistence because his personal hygiene was so terrible............... When I approached the subject, his reply was that there's nothing wrong with a bit of BO between man and wife!!!

At one time I used to mark on the calendar when he had a shower or a bath............a true red letter day!

It was SO good to have my own bed and bedroom.............
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
My now ex and I slept apart at my insistence because his personal hygiene was so terrible............... When I approached the subject, his reply was that there's nothing wrong with a bit of BO between man and wife!!!

At one time I used to mark on the calendar when he had a shower or a bath............a true red letter day!

It was SO good to have my own bed and bedroom.............

Ooh Lindy, that's revolting, grotty toe-rag. Poor you.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ooh Lindy, that's revolting, grotty toe-rag. Poor you.
Thanks Mups. Good that I'm away from that now........and really enjoying my single life!!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 11:48 PM

That must have been awful Lindy, I never had to put up with that, but I did sometimes get second hand beer fumes which I really couldn't deal with and always had me scurrying off to a spare bedroom.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

08-02-2018, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
That must have been awful Lindy, I never had to put up with that, but I did sometimes get second hand beer fumes which I really couldn't deal with and always had me scurrying off to a spare bedroom.
It was made a lot worse by him being one of those very "hot" people!! Sleeping next to him was like lying next to a boiler.........he just seemed to get hotter and hotter..........which made the BO unbearable!

I think the hygiene issue was all part of his mid-life crisis................better rid!!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I remember one night making a bit of a noise trying to get upstairs and my wife shouting "Terry, what's all the noise"?

"Sorry darling, just trying to get a barrel of beer up the stairs"

"Leave it til tomorrow"

"I can't...I drank it."

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top