Join for free
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 06:26 PM

This I would really love to see

How wonderful to find something like this, I wish I could see it.

Airborne laser scans find Mayan ‘megalopolis’ under the jungle in Guatemala.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/airborne-l...111859205.html
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 06:47 PM

Re: This I would really love to see

It's it marvellous !
I have been to Tikal in Guatemala and Laminai in Belize and they are both amazing .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 07:19 PM

My first year at senior school - we covered a lot of 'ancient' history, which thereafter piqued my interest. Ten years ago I was able to partially satisfy my interest by being able to travel on the Nile down to Aswan and also see the valleys of the Kings and Queens and visit some of the tombs.

Visiting ancient sites in central and South America, whilst very interesting is now way beyond my ability to travel and see some of these sites.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 07:24 PM

[QUOTE=Uncle Joe; Ten years ago I was able to partially satisfy my interest by being able to travel on the Nile down to Aswan and also see the valleys of the Kings and Queens and visit some of the tombs.[/QUOTE]

Uncle Joe , I went there too wasn't it incredible , cruised down the Nile it was the best holiday of my life
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Uncle Joe , I went there too wasn't it incredible , cruised down the Nile it was the best holiday of my life
The cruising bit was fine and yes I did enjoy that but Thomson's stuffed up big time during the second week we were there which took the gloss off it. When I came home and wrote a complaint, they chose to ignore me, so I sued them (and won) in the local County Court. Now that Thomson's have changed their name to TUI, stands for: Totally unmitigated Incompetence!!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 07:34 PM

Hi

Guy and I have talked about this.

We are going together as soon as we are fit enough.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 08:15 PM

We have been to Egypt twice, the first time to see the pyramids and the Sphinx. To actually walk up to and touch the Great Pyramid of Giza was an amazing experience knowing the history of it. My only regret was being unable to go inside the pyramids as part way you were on your hands and knees and my back wouldn't have been able to cope with that.

Our second visit was to Luxor, we stayed on an island in the Nile overlooking the Valley of the Kings.
We visited several tombs and we were fortunate the day we visited, King Tuts tomb was open to the public and we were able to go inside. Beautiful hieroglyphics adorned the walls of all the tombs.

A few days later we flew over the Valley of the Kings in a hot air balloon .... a stunning sight.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	tutstomb2.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	5123   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06393.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	5124  

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top