Join for free
Page 25 of 35 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 > Last »
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 08:06 PM

Re: Hair!!!

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Oh you mean like this?

LMAO!
I handed out sunglasses when I did this .
Rad hair!

Yes, Rad not red. You know that word, right Nikki?
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 08:12 PM

I was a 13 or 14 yr old schoolgirl and wanted to grow my very curly, frizzy hair. As it had to look tidy for school I tied it back and put a huge chiffon scarf around it but by the end of the day it had escaped and I had one of the first afro styles in the UK.
After school one day, my mother announced I needed new school shoes and we went straight into the town and passing a hairdressing salon, she shoved me in and announced "IT" was to be cut!! Such a twee "sensible" cut - I hated it and was thoroughly embarrassed - my sisters through it was hugely funny.
The following day I got the bus to town after school and went back to the hairdresser - a beautiful, slender woman with a Mia Farrow haircut who had been sympathetic the previous day and she cut my hair in the same style for me - about 1/4" long and very very modern. My mother hated it...........and my sisters were gob smacked!!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I think you ladies are very brave, I love that bright pink but I would be scared to do it myself.

Under the blonde you see on my pictures I am pure white. I have my colour done at the hair dressers regularly and she does a good job but because I have so little pigment in it it just fades lighter till I go have it done again.....

It's a battle me and my hair
Sometimes I wish I could have just gone to hairdressers and had someone do it but my hair is really dry and cant handle the dye. It turns into an S.O.S. pad.

Well your blonde looks fabulous summer.
One reason your hair looks so amazing coloured is because you are all white underneath. It’s a perfect canvas for showing off colour.

Since my hair was going so silver grey , I had to use more colour, but with henna, it shows up more as orange so my roots would be pumpkin orange while the rest of my hair was more natural redhead. I really wasn’t diggin’ being a pumpkin head so doing highlights with henna at this stage wouldn’t work for me. That’s another reason why I wanted to grow it out ; so in order to have a cooler colour than pumpkin orange , I added hibiscus to my henna and used apple cider vinegar to terp it. It helps prime the hair for colour but isn’t necessary.

Not sure why Beautiful Filly’s hennas instructions were to use hydrogen peroxide. Some say to use lemon juice also but this can really be damaging to some hair types.

I consider myself more of a curiously geeky , than brave
Bet you didn’t quite expect such an elaborate answer. Lol.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Your username is Bratti not Ratty

Sorry, I don't colour my hair so useless for this thread.
But, I was away the other weekend, there was a large group of us. One of the girls in her 20s was wearing a wig I was told.
It looked natural to me. I was told to say nothing as she had lost so much of hair from having extensions!
I so wanted to ask her what kind, but I was respectful.
I guess they were the clip in ones, because if they were professional, surely she would have a case of negligence.
I was ratting myself out goof.HAIR, HAIR!

I was the one who posted a ‘woe is me’ statement which took the thread in a different direction and I take full responsibility for the thread being moved. HAIR, HAIR.
Now, as you can see, HAIR, HAIR, I’m sticking to the topic. HAIR!

But if you’d like to take the blame.....
OK!

I don’t know anything about extensions except that they are known for wrecking hair.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 08:20 PM

Sometimes I wish I could have just gone to hairdressers and had someone do it but my hair is really dry and cant handle the dye. It turns into an S.O.S. pad.

Well your blonde looks fabulous summer.
One reason your hair looks so amazing coloured is because you are all white underneath. It’s a perfect canvas for showing off colour.

Since my hair was going so silver grey , I had to use more colour, but with henna, it shows up more as orange so my roots would be pumpkin orange while the rest of my hair was more natural redhead. I really wasn’t diggin’ being a pumpkin head so doing highlights with henna at this stage wouldn’t work for me. That’s another reason why I wanted to grow it out ; so in order to have a cooler colour than pumpkin orange , I added hibiscus to my henna and used apple cider vinegar to terp it. It helps prime the hair for colour but isn’t necessary.

Not sure why Beautiful Filly’s hennas instructions were to use hydrogen peroxide. Some say to use lemon juice also but this can really be damaging to some hair types.

I consider myself more of a curiously geeky , than brave
Bet you didn’t quite expect such an elaborate answer. Lol.
Not at all elaborate Bratti just interesting ... thankyou for taking time to acknowledge and answer my post it is appreciated
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

02-04-2018, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
You have lovely hair Bratti.
Mine is short & I refuse to go grey so I have it coloured & cut & styled every 6 weeks.
When I was 16 I decided my mousy hair would look better blonde, so I got one of those blonde kits from that time & used it, but I used too much & my hair went a brassy green colour, my mother was horrified & sent me to her hair dresser, but she couldn't do anything except cut it short, it was half way down my back. I looked like Leslie Caron after though not as pretty, but it did make it grow out faster.
Tiffany
Gosh girl, you such are a beauty.
You look Audrey Hepburn - ish.
Just gorgeous.

I did something similar to you. When I was 16 my friends were all using that ‘sun in’ and I thought it would be a great idea to go on our rooftop from my bedroom and bake in the sun with my hair drenched in sun in.

Yep! Tints of green along with super brassy blonde did not suite me and my mother was not impressed
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

02-04-2018, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I was a 13 or 14 yr old schoolgirl and wanted to grow my very curly, frizzy hair. As it had to look tidy for school I tied it back and put a huge chiffon scarf around it but by the end of the day it had escaped and I had one of the first afro styles in the UK.
After school one day, my mother announced I needed new school shoes and we went straight into the town and passing a hairdressing salon, she shoved me in and announced "IT" was to be cut!! Such a twee "sensible" cut - I hated it and was thoroughly embarrassed - my sisters through it was hugely funny.
The following day I got the bus to town after school and went back to the hairdresser - a beautiful, slender woman with a Mia Farrow haircut who had been sympathetic the previous day and she cut my hair in the same style for me - about 1/4" long and very very modern. My mother hated it...........and my sisters were gob smacked!!
Oh Lindyloo,
I LOVE the story. A Mia Farrow cut must have looked gorgeous.
Serves your mom right. I can just imagine the look on her face

My dad pulled that move on me one day also. He was cutting my brothers hair and I KNEW I should have ‘headed for the hills’ but nooooo..., I had to stick around. Well wouldn’t you know it, I ended up going from long hair to a bowl cut.
I didn’t talk with him for THREE weeks.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 08:36 PM

I was ratting myself out goof.HAIR, HAIR!

I was the one who posted a ‘woe is me’ statement which took the thread in a different direction and I take full responsibility for the thread being moved. HAIR, HAIR.
Now, as you can see, HAIR, HAIR, I’m sticking to the topic. HAIR!

But if you’d like to take the blame.....
OK!

I don’t know anything about extensions except that they are known for wrecking hair.
Well, that explains nuffink
Extensions seem to be the norm for the younger generation.
I suppose not everyone can grow their hair long.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

02-04-2018, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Bratti, wow, what beautiful hair you have, you lucky lady.
Don't ever cut it to conform to what others think it should look like at a certain age. If you love your hair long, grow it as long as you want. You obvously take really good care of your crowning glory as it's beautiful.

Me? I have what HWMO calls the "mandatory suits your age helmet cut". It's only collar length. unfortunately, with there being so many females in this family with fabulous hairstyles, if I didn't take the time to have it done, they would think I was ill.

I usually go every six weeks and have highlights and lowlights put in, I would imagine that at my age, although I've never let my true colour come through for years, my hair would probably be salt and pepper and grey colour with more pepper at the bottom, so I need to have it done. It's very subtle though, and lightened so there are two shades of again, a very subtle blonde. I like it anyway and that's what counts.
I would love to go silver but I think it would age me even more than I am.
Hey Shropshiregirl,
I remember you. You’re the no no girl

Well I envy people like you who only have to go in every 6 weeks and get there hair done. Don’t your roots show by 6 weeks?
My roots would start showing after about a week and root touch up got to be too high maintenance for me.
I can truly relate to the not knowing what colour I have. After hennaing my hair for so long, when I finally started growing out my natural colour, I was shocked at how grey I was and the first 6 months of growing in my natural colour was sheer torture. Now that it’s been a couple of years, the colours match quite nicely.
Thanks for your contributing no no girl
Just teasing you
I couldn’t resist
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

02-04-2018, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Well, that explains nuffink
Precisely !
HAIR!
HAIR!
HAIR!

The explaining is what got me into trouble in the first place

Page 25 of 35 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top