Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 07:10 PM

Re: Having to take an item back to the store

You can request a receipt from argos if you have an online account.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 10:28 PM

In the past, l have found Argos to be really good and they never quibble.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 10:36 PM

It's a good idea to take a photo of your receipt as they tend to fade .
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 11:07 PM

Sometimes it's good to phone the manufacturers - I did that with a Phillips Airfloss. They assured me the shop would replace the item without question and even gave me a case number to give to the shop!

The only place I've had problems with is John Lewis. Their customer service is absolutely terrible and if you look on google, there are masses of complaints and unhappy customers. If you ever consider buying from John Lewis - ask that every promise they make about a product can be guaranteed!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 06:01 AM

I hate taking stuff back anywhere I always prepare myself for a fight but to be honest that never happens, I think shops have got better at accepting exchanges.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 06:46 AM

A small shopkeeper might try to fob you off but Argos staff will refund you no problem.

It isn't their store & it isn't their money they're giving back.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It's a good idea to take a photo of your receipt as they tend to fade .
There is no receipt as it was home delivery; I have a screenshot, though.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Some headphones recently developed a fault and they have a 2-year guarantee. I bought them last summer online from Argos.

I don't have a receipt, just an order number but I trust this will be enough for a replacement.

It's just the idea of going to the shop, all the hassle I could be doing without.

How do you cope with returning things; do you have any bad/good experiences?
Ffosse if you bought them online you must have paid with a card of some kind. The purchase will be on your card statement and if you failed to keep it you can download and print one out. I have done this a number of times including with Argos
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 04:58 PM

No problem - they replaced them with a newer model as they didn't have mine in stock.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
No problem - they replaced them with a newer model as they didn't have mine in stock.
That’s a result

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top