Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 09:06 AM

Re: Lizard

I have found the lizard and put it in a large glass jar in a sunny position with plenty of foliage to hid under. My daughter would like to see it, I will release it into the wild after her visit this morning.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Unfortunately the sunroom is linked to the kitchen, I hope to goodness this lizard doesn't get into any of the cupboards, it would be just like my husband to leave them open. He isn't always on message having only half a working brain.
It has probably made its way to the bedroom and is hiding under the bed until nightfall, when it will come out and start crawling around.

Edit: I posted without seeing that you'd caught it. It might have a mate though.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It could be a baby one of these, in which case Tarantula will need to make some room in her kitchen cupboards.

Wow - a Komodo Dragon - and people still try to tell me that dragons don't exist !!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
In my last house there were what I thought were lizards in my garden turns out they were newts from the pond next door. I had been telling people about the lizards I felt daft when I was told they were newts.

Yours looks like a proper lizard Tara.i didn't know we had native ones in the UK.

That's exactly what I thought summer, it looks like a Newt to me. I'd put it somewhere near to the pond and let it find its way home.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 09:44 AM

It could be a baby one of these, in which case Tarantula will need to make some room in her kitchen cupboards.

Not sure about the cupboards I think she'd be moving house if that one moved in !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I have found the lizard and put it in a large glass jar in a sunny position with plenty of foliage to hid under. My daughter would like to see it, I will release it into the wild after her visit this morning.

Glass jar in the sun? You'll fry the poor thing!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 09:46 AM

Smaller versions (Geckos) are endemic all over southern Europe and tourists are warned about them in the hotels. Have had a couple in my hotel room, but they keep the flies and other 'bugs' at bay.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 09:48 AM

Looks more like a Newt and not a Lizard, if its a newt it will need a cool damp place with undergrowth, anyway its probably looking for a pond or such like the last thing it needs is a jar in the sun this will kill it very quickly as it will dry out, newts need dampness and water they are amphibians.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 10:04 AM

Probably just a common Lizard. I love Lizards, I think they are great.
I beg your pardon Longdogs.....There's nothing common in Tara's house.....
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 10:33 AM

Whatever it is I will release it later on.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top