Join for free
Page 10 of 24 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 10:13 AM

Re: The Windrush Debacle

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
it was 1979 when she got her council house and the Conservatives were in Government. I know it was 1979 for sure because I was pregnant with my son who was born in January 1980 and we helped her move in and I could only do light lifting.

But was it a 'nasty party' Council that awarded the tenancy???

Councils, back then had more autonomy to make decisions .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
What happened to, every party has both good and bad politicians you were recently extolling? Always looking for the best in everyone. You being a gentle, loving, Quaker and all, full of sweetness and light. Too much listening to Joe I think.
I'm beginning to doubt the lot on government have a nice bone in their bodies rainmaker, add to that the tories on the forum seem less than caring at times. Has rather jaded me I think.
You are rather wrong about Quakers being gentle loving folk full of sweetness and light we can be a fiesty lot very strong and stand up for good.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm beginning to doubt the lot on government have a nice bone in their bodies rainmaker, add to that the tories on the forum seem less than caring at times. Has rather jaded me I think.
You are rather wrong about Quakers being gentle loving folk full of sweetness and light we can be a fiesty lot very strong and stand up for good.
Who are the Tories on the forum ?
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 09:09 AM

Looks like the necessary evidence of arrival in this country has been found.

https://www.ft.com/content/dc3f85dc-...f-67ac3a6482fd

Lets hope thats an end to it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Nasty, vicious fascist scumbags. Just goes to show what a despicable shower of scumbags the 'nasty party' is.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b0edca2cbbebc2
Labour party ordered the destruction of their papers UJ, you seem to have overlooked that
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
Looks like the necessary evidence of arrival in this country has been found.

https://www.ft.com/content/dc3f85dc-...f-67ac3a6482fd

Lets hope thats an end to it.
Sorry. Couldn't open the story without subscription.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Labour party ordered the destruction of their papers UJ, you seem to have overlooked that

May lied!!! (yet again), there was no decision taken by the Labour Government to destroy those documents, it was done under May's watch as Home Secretary by her officials in the Immigration Service - she as Home Secretary at the time must take the responsibility and she ought to resign now!!!
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 01:09 PM

Who do you believe?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43835664
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

21-04-2018, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Who do you believe?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43835664

Given your criticism of the BBC as being 'too left wing', perhaps you'd prefer this version:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b04090e5520082

An extract from this report puts the blame fairly and squarely at the evil witch's doorstep:

She added that together with now Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell, she voted against the 2014 Immigration Act, which removed an exemption for those from Commonwealth countries who had settled in the UK.

The Guardian newspaper reported this week that a clause protecting those who arrived from Commonwealth nations after the Second World War was “quietly deleted” by Home Office staff from the 2014 law.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
May lied!!! (yet again), there was no decision taken by the Labour Government to destroy those documents, it was done under May's watch as Home Secretary by her officials in the Immigration Service - she as Home Secretary at the time must take the responsibility and she ought to resign now!!!
No she didnt lie!

Heres the question Corbyn asked

“Did the PM, The then Home Secretary, sign off that decision.”
Mrs May jumped to her feet and said

“NO! The decision to destroy the landing cards was taken in 2009 under a Labour government.”

No lies there as the former Labour Home Secretary, Alan Johnson confirmed.

Page 10 of 24 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top