Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 03:30 PM

Re: Do you read reviews, before you buy things ?

Yes I always read reviews .
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 03:38 PM

Over here, there are hundreds of eating places, so I decided to look at local reviews via Matt & Cat'ss website. Quite good, but far too any to read.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 04:43 PM

Yep always read lots of reviews and do plenty of research for anything important I buy. Fake reviews are not a problem because they will all be positive. It's the bad reviews you have to read to see if the same product issues are occurring. If there were fake bad reviews the companies would go after the posters.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 04:51 PM

Yes I do read reviews but as Realist has posted I also am interested mostly with bad reviews as that tells me whats wrong with the product.
I dont know whether Amazon reviews are trustworthy. I wrote a scathing review of a purchase from Amazon a few days ago and it hasnt appeared at all but there are lots of 5 star reviews available and 1 four star. My lowly 1 star review has not even registered. Funny that.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 04:54 PM

I had an awful experience with a local company and had to involve CAB. I left a Google review for the company which still stands but they managed to have same review removed from Yell. As for FB they have hidden their reviews page. Don't trust all good reviews as it's possible they have the one star reviews removed.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 05:07 PM

Yes, I read lots of reviews before buying anything. Both good and bad ones.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 07:21 PM

Reviews can be vital. My son was ripped off to the tune of several hundreds of pounds by a company, so posted a review on the company as a warning to others, using Google. The company made many legal threats to him and he sought advice from a barrister. The company backed down.

However if one Google’s the company name his review pops up near the top. This all happened four years ago but he is still contacted regularly by others from all over the country who are being ripped off by these corrupt individuals. In fact only last week someone contacted him saying that they were taking legal action. He gets many messages from those who have used his information to fight the company, a bunch of crooks who operate on the edge of the law.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 07:51 PM

Yes my son will look up the reviews before buying,
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 08:06 PM

I always look on Trusted Reviews for tech items such as Tablets, phones, PCs etc and Review Centre or Trustpilot for reviews on installation or services companies.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 08:42 PM

Yes I'm an avid 'reviewer'.

Either of something I might be thinking of buying or companies/professionals (although sometimes I'm not sure how accurate they are re the companies/professionals).

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top