Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 02:49 PM

Re: Emergency alert system

People who are not fit or potentially could fall over etc but can still get around their home might pass the same spot in the home at least 2 or 3 times a day?

How about an alarm that phones out if they don't pass that spot every few hours during the daytime, meaning that they have fallen over or they are ill and unable to move to raise an alarm. Something might be termed a 'non-movement detector'. Just a thought.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 03:08 PM

Hi Mondays Child,

A year and a half ago Lifeline saved my life. I had just moved in and I fell off a ladder and broke many bones in my body. I could not even move an inch.

I had lifeline around my neck and I pushed the button. They sent an ambulance. If I hadn't had it, no one would have known I fell and I am sure I would have died right there on the spot after a couple days of not being able to move.

I had a thought when I was ready to move that it might have been a good idea to get lifeline....so I followed my conscience and arranged it. Thank God, I did......after two weeks of having it, I pushed that button.

You can wear it in the shower, I never take it off, even when I go out
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 04:33 PM

Thank you all for the helpful information.
As Ive explained Im having to think about this so that it covers the familys concerns of me living so far from them and them wanting me to live closer. Lets be honest if I'm having another heart attack its an ambulance I want knocking on my door not my family.

Ive just had a call from a local rep about their services. Ive just worked out that they want an install and joining fee of £66 plus £5.40 a week.
Total cost £346.80

Been on internet and if I order direct from supplier. Plug into the phone myself and pay years fee upfront will only cost £184.80 a saving of £162
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
As Ive explained Im having to think about this so that it covers the familys concerns of me living so far from them and them wanting me to live closer. Lets be honest if I'm having another heart attack its an ambulance I want knocking on my door not my family.

Ive just had a call from a local rep about their services. Ive just worked out that they want an install and joining fee of £66 plus £5.40 a week.
Total cost £346.80

Been on internet and if I order direct from supplier. Plug into the phone myself and pay years fee upfront will only cost £184.80 a saving of £162

That wasn't the Age Uk one, was it MC?
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 04:41 PM

No its was Lifeline which is national company but they seem to have self employed people who have franchise to sell them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 04:50 PM

No its was Lifeline which is national company but they seem to have self employed people who have franchise to sell them.

Oh, I was going to say I don't remember paying all that for Mum's pendant when she was with AgeUk.

I don't know what they charge now though. Would it be worth finding out do you think? You can always say No thanks if you don't like the sound of it.

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/products/mo...rsonal-alarms/

Whoops, sorry MC, just seen if you scroll down that page it has all the prices. They give a discount if you can connect it yourself.
Mondays child
United Kingdom

30-04-2018, 07:21 PM

Thanks Mups i will have a look at their website.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 09:28 PM

Matey, my life-line is run by the local council. I pay £18.50 per month and that is it. I didn't pay a connection fee!!!

I think you ought to check out your local council services and see if they too run a scheme. If they do, it will almost certainly be a lot cheaper than tje quotation you've received.
Mondays child
United Kingdom

30-04-2018, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Matey, my life-line is run by the local council. I pay £18.50 per month and that is it. I didn't pay a connection fee!!!

I think you ought to check out your local council services and see if they too run a scheme. If they do, it will almost certainly be a lot cheaper than tje quotation you've received.
Thanks UJ. I will get in touch with the council.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 08:57 PM

Total cost £346.80

MC, I subscribe directly to Lifeline24 (online), not a franchisee, my annual renewal cost this week was £164. Originally the package arrived, I set it up myself and this is tested on setting up, by the company talking you through it. They even had me test it from the bottom of my garden. I press the button about once a month to check the connection is OK, which the operator confirms.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top