Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 09:52 AM

Re: Selling your House.

I moved somewhere once, and they had even taken the light bulbs and fittings off the wall!

I don't think I could face the stress and upheaval of moving anymore now.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I moved somewhere once, and they had even taken the light bulbs and fittings off the wall!

The property in which we now live had the light fittings removed, and also some wall fittings. We could have sued the sellers, according to our solicitor, but I couldn't be bothered with the hassle, which would have ensued, it was easier just to replace them.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

The same happened to me, when we moved in there were bare wires hanging from the walls (no central light), so we had no light until we went and bought new fittings.

I have moved house twelve times, the furthest being from Cornwall to the North of Scotland. It holds no worries for me, I became expert at packing boxes, always did my own packing.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 03:15 PM

omg i had a Chinese man come to mine for sale 2yrs ago ' he fell over the moon about it ''dont sell he kept saying to me =i was pleased after showing him around for the 3rd time 'with family etc ---
then as he stood on the step to go he turned to me and said we will rent -and u will pay for our accomadtion if it takes longer than stated -on your bike i said and slammed the door -agent said to him we dont work that way sir sorry ..what a cheek .....
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Nah. She started being a tad... erm, can't quite described her... stressed/over emotional? sad? Changed.

Although she didn't have to sell her house to move here (she was moving here then putting her house up) .... I think the whole process became a reality and her emotions and life were back at that house.

Can't describe it properly, but hopefully you might understand what I mean.

In a nutshell, I suppose she felt stressed about the reality of it all. Perhaps I did her a favour by saying I was stopping put, I dunno ...

We had a seller back out on the day contracts were due to be exchanged.
Leaving us several Grand out of pocket. I could have strangled the Git.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I accepted an offer in good faith

They are now backing out.
Right but still, you got to keep the £500+ from the deposit you made them pay right?

You DID make them put some non-refundable money down on the acceptance of the offer right?????
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 12:16 AM

Swim,. what happened to the 'Cash up front' you said they had already paid you to redecorate for them?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Right but still, you got to keep the £500+ from the deposit you made them pay right?

You DID make them put some non-refundable money down on the acceptance of the offer right?????
How do you do that ?
I have never heard of such a thing .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
How do you do that ?
I have never heard of such a thing .
Muddy - Swimmy's buyers were demanding he filled in the pond and removed the raised flower beds ( although as he said they were elderly I would have thought raised beds would be advantageous ) so he asked for money up front to pay for the work. He has already dropped the price by £70,000 for them.

When I sold my house people just came, viewed, accepted it as it was and either put in an offer or looked somewhere else. I could understand them wanting any structural defects to be put right - other than that I would not entertain such demands.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 06:22 AM

Thank you I didn't know that.
Where I live in Wiltshire they sell anything in any condition for rediculous prices .
We looked at one house with a large ancient swimming pool in the garden goodness knows what it would have cost to make it safe . The house still went for 100k over its asking price in a bidding war

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top