Join for free
Page 8 of 66 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 04:05 PM

Re: Not going too well for Brexit!!!

Hi

The war is long gone, it is absolutely irrelevant now.

What is relevant is how we arrange Brexit and then move forward.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The war is long gone, it is absolutely irrelevant now.

What is relevant is how we arrange Brexit and then move forward.
Backward you mean.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
well the man who took UK into the ECU was of course Edward Heath a rather enigmatic character who love sailing and once took his crew to victory winning the Sydney to Hobart boat race a not easy feat to achieve!

It was said that he 'resisted the excessive of Thatcherism' and never married [why did I pop that in?] he came from a working class background the son of a Broadstairs builder!

Heath had been an anti-fascist Tory student at Oxford and served in tanks during the invasion of Germany in 1944-45.

an enigmatic figure perhaps??
Not my idea of working class and he was a "Rupert" in the artillery not a tankie.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Not my idea of working class and he was a "Rupert" in the artillery not a tankie.
Hi

Just what is your idea of working class?

Corbyn most certainly is not.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

24-05-2018, 06:06 PM

Hi

Just what is your idea of working class?

Corbyn most certainly is not.
Who said he was?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Why don't you lot arrive together at a standpoint and realise the vitriol,the fury,the scathing remarks-and even the anti/pro whichever side you chose,should be hunting down David Cameron and putting that spineless,selfish,gormless prat on trial for ruining this country. The bloke's had it on his toes,to be banknote-stacker-in-chief,at the tax-avoidance haven HE made bloody sure wasn't affected either way. Have YOU...yes,I'm pointing at YOU...have YOU seen or heard that ridiculously self opinionated prat even TRY to justify the chaos HE caused-and instantly ran away from-in this once superb country? HMM?
I agree in part.

This quibbling is futile. However much the majority of us wish to leave the EU; however much the remainiacs wish that we shall remain; what actually happens depends upon one person at the moment: Theresa May.

She has a bit of a quandary, though. She is well known to be a closet remainiac, whatever she might say.

If she gets her way, we shall remain in the EU at least until she is removed from office, probably including her party as well.

If Compo becomes PM, the country has had it, and there is no point in discussing the matter further.

If the Conservatives do manage to remain in office, and another PM is appointed, one who will respect the majority's wishes, it is possible that a second attempt at Brexit will succeed.

We live in interesting times.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Exactly, he should be tarred and feathered along with Farage another one keeping a low profile now.
Again, I agree in part.

Cameron should be tarred and feathered, almost to the extent that Tony B Liar deserves to be.

Farage, however, deserves our respect and support. Certainly from us who voted to leave the EU. Had it not been for him, Cameron would never have allowed a Brexit referendum.

Yes, he gave up the leadership of UKIP, but I believe he did that because people turned their backs on him rather than the other way around.

I, too, would have gone somewhere where I would have been more appreciated.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

24-05-2018, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree in part.

This quibbling is futile. However much the majority of us wish to leave the EU; however much the remainiacs wish that we shall remain; what actually happens depends upon one person at the moment: Theresa May.

She has a bit of a quandary, though. She is well known to be a closet remainiac, whatever she might say.

If she gets her way, we shall remain in the EU at least until she is removed from office, probably including her party as well.

If Compo becomes PM, the country has had it, and there is no point in discussing the matter further.

If the Conservatives do manage to remain in office, and another PM is appointed, one who will respect the majority's wishes, it is possible that a second attempt at Brexit will succeed.

We live in interesting times.
Hi

The problem lies not just with May though.

Promises were made during the campaign which were simply wrong and achievable.

The Brexiteers are still arguing amongst themselves, as a direct result of which we still do not the systems in place to leave in an orderly manner with minimum disruption to industry.

The money should have been pumped in as soon as she was appointed and off we go.

Our red lines were no Single Market, No Customs Union, No ECJ.

It is not Rocket Science to put these things in place.

It has not been done.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

24-05-2018, 09:46 PM

Hi

The problem lies not just with May though.

Promises were made during the campaign which were simply wrong and achievable.

The Brexiteers are still arguing amongst themselves, as a direct result of which we still do not the systems in place to leave in an orderly manner with minimum disruption to industry.

The money should have been pumped in as soon as she was appointed and off we go.

Our red lines were no Single Market, No Customs Union, No ECJ.

It is not Rocket Science to put these things in place.

It has not been done.
If it is not rocket science to put things in place, why were they not?

May is PM, therefore she carries the can if things that should have been done were not done.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Why don't you lot arrive together at a standpoint and realise the vitriol,the fury,the scathing remarks-and even the anti/pro whichever side you chose,should be hunting down David Cameron and putting that spineless,selfish,gormless prat on trial for ruining this country. The bloke's had it on his toes,to be banknote-stacker-in-chief,at the tax-avoidance haven HE made bloody sure wasn't affected either way. Have YOU...yes,I'm pointing at YOU...have YOU seen or heard that ridiculously self opinionated prat even TRY to justify the chaos HE caused-and instantly ran away from-in this once superb country? HMM?
Why?

He gave the people an opportunity to voice an opinion.

For that he should be thanked.

The fact he resigned and left the country in the lurch is unforgiveable but I'm not at all interested in hearing him try to justify anything. That would achieve hee haw !

Best we move on and get behind delivering Brexit......so MOVE ON !!

Page 8 of 66 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top