Join for free
Page 9 of 66 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 > Last »
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 08:39 AM

Re: Not going too well for Brexit!!!

I couldn't stand the man but did admire what he did to legalise same sex marriage.

But I think he acted with integrity when he resigned and walked away. Believing as he did that Brexit would be harmful for our country, he was quite right to refuse to have anything to do with it and entitled to leave the Brexiters to sort out their own mess. Why should anyone believing what he does help them to harm our country?

One of the many things that I despise about Theresa May is that she too believed that EU membership was best for the UK. But when the tide turned against that she was prepared to work to enable Brexit for the sake of her own career and popularity, despite believing it would cause harm. She's a self-interested turncoat.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Why?

He gave the people an opportunity to voice an opinion.

For that he should be thanked.

The fact he resigned and left the country in the lurch is unforgiveable but I'm not at all interested in hearing him try to justify anything. That would achieve hee haw !

Best we move on and get behind delivering Brexit......so MOVE ON !!
Can you explain what WE can do to "move on"?
There is no moving on to be done, we can only fall behind the rest of the World now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Why?

He gave the people an opportunity to voice an opinion.

For that he should be thanked.
He had no choice. Farage, UKIP and the people forced him to do it.

When it didn't go the way he hoped, off he scuttled like a spoilt child.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Can you explain what WE can do to "move on"?
There is no moving on to be done, we can only fall behind the rest of the World now.
We can push for a vote of no confidence in TM (and Hammond) and get them replaced.

If the Conservatives refuse to do that, they will undoubtedly suffer a defeat in the next GE, and then God help us all with Catweasel at the helm.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 04:43 PM

IMO,David Cameron only promised a referendum vote in the hope of getting lost votes back from UKIP. He gambled on the country voting to remain, his government had no plans for leave. When others have tried to sort out the problems he walked away from no doubt he will try to take some credit for brexit, but only if it is a good deal.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 12:12 PM

Thought I would drop in after some months and check you all out.
Nice to see some batter balance in this subject area...and I am pleased of course that Brexit is now fully holed below the waterline and hopefully will sink slowly over the next couple of years. Otherwise it will float about powerless and will be a danger to shipping.
This is what you get for asking stupid questions and getting a reply which is impossible to fulfil from a population often stuffed up for years with propaganda and lies.
Happily reality always wins out...it is impossible to deny.
So I shall sit back and watch the slow demise of either the UK, Brexit or both with much sorrow but with a sense of the inevitable.

Meanwhile innocent people are being deported and lives ruined by the utterly incompetent Home Office who were touted to be able to control the borders. They can't even control the borders they CAN control now. No wonder EU citizens in the UK are very worried.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 12:34 PM

We got the full set now.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 02:43 PM

Not going too well for the other members.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...-election-2019
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-05-2018, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Not going too well for the other members.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...-election-2019
Indeed. The one I read was in the Mail and reported that Italy is likely to beat us to the goal of leaving the EU dictatorship. They are especially upset by the number of immigrants making their way through their country (no doubt on their way to us) and spreading discord on the way.

I can well believe that many other EU vassal states are equally fed up with the bureaucrats in Brussels, having witnessed their dictatorial and aggressive treatment of the UK ever since Brexit was triggered.

I think their views may also be influenced by how they see us making good despite all the remainiacs' scare stories.

So it could end up with our not needing dithering Theresa May, who is showing every sign of continuing to do a lot of talking but absolutely no action.

Yes, it could eventually end up with only two member countries: France and Germany. France will no doubt pretend to lord it over Germany, whereas I am convinced that the opposite would actually prove to be the truth, and I sincerely hope they don't come bleating to us to help them out when that happens... again!

Our tame Frog Lady will, I am sure, end up wiping egg from her face within a few years!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 02:36 PM

Oops, seems TM and the rest of the scumbag 'nasty party' are unhappy about the anonymous 'briefings' emanating from Bruxelles regarding the Government's negotiations.

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2018/05/2...ngs-from-brus/

Page 9 of 66 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top