Join for free
Page 42 of 95 « First < 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 > Last »
tomtwodogs
Lynmouth U.K.
tomtwodogs is male  tomtwodogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 07:08 AM

Re: What book are you reading now?

I have just started the true account of Robin Hood, which tries to separate the fact from the fiction, and was surprised to learn that the account of the end of his life was in fact true.
Apparently he was taken to a dwelling on the edge of Sherwood Forest and lying on a bed near a window, he DID ask for his Longbow, which was bought to him.
They propped him up on the bed and he told Little John,. " Wherever this last arrow lands,. Bury me There " !. Using his last remaining strength, he propped himself up,.drew back the Bow, pointed the arrow upwards and fired it, then collapsed back onto his bed and died there shortly afterwards.
Next morning true to his wishes they found where the arrow had landed and buried him.....In the Ceiling ! Aaaw !
Hanna
New Member!
Canada
Hanna is female 

21-08-2017, 11:29 AM

I am reading "New Money" by Lorraine Rosenthal.
About a young woman who just inherited a few million from a Father she never knew.
He also has two legitimate kids that were left nothing but his business to run. Needless to say they are not happy about having to actually work for a living and include this new half sister who does want to work in the business.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 11:58 AM

I have just started reading Under a Cornish Sky by Liz Fenwick.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 12:11 PM

Just started wildfire chronicles by k r griffiths, I'm hoping it's better than starting the slowpoalypse by James litherland that I've just abandoned as the most boring book mankind has produced ! It was named well I thought but I only got about third of the way through before I was thinking of slitting my wrists with boredom !
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 09:13 PM

Just finished Persons Unknown (Manon Bradshaw thriller no.2) by Susie Steiner, and what a great writer she is!

Her previous novel about the same police detective (Manon Bradshaw Thriller no.1) was Missing, Presumed.

Excellent thrillers and laugh out loud funny in places, she has such an entertaining style.

I do hope there will be a third!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 09:15 PM

I'm hopeless with books.
I hardly ever start one and read it through to the end.
Half way through, I start another one, then another, and so on.

Time I decide to finish the first one, I have forgotten half the story and have to start it again!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 09:31 PM

I got four books ftom the library last week, "The Petticoat Men" by Barbara Ewing, excellent, based on true court case of two transvestites in Victorian times and the impact of their "crime" of cross dressing on them and those around them including people losing jobs etc. even suicide. The wealthy covering up their involvement and the less wealthy losing everything.
"The Last of Us" by Rob Ewing also very good, about five children surviving a plague that killed everyone, fending for themselves on an island in Scotland.
"The Fourteenth Letter" by Claire Evans, I've just started, it's very good so far, set in 1881 "a murdered bride, a cryptic message and a dangerous message"!
The last one is, " Bodies of Light" by Sarah Moss...
I'll let you know when I get to it...
Hanna
New Member!
Canada
Hanna is female 

22-08-2017, 08:36 PM

I'm with mups.

I seldom finish a book. I get bored.
there are so few that are interesting enough to finish right to the end.

I do love most of John Grisham's books.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2017, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
In a secondhand shop on Thursday and I found a brand new copy of Still Alice, as I dont think the film would be suitable viewing ith OH around this seemed a good alterative.

30 pages in and I can see the doubt creeping in to Alice's mind...
Finished this book today, its sad but powerful and gives food for thought.. really well worth reading.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 04:04 PM

I am reading "The Kept Woman" by Karin Slaughter. A thriller set in Atlanta about a murdered former policeman found dead in a warehouse and a missing woman. I am enjoying it and am halfway through it. I usually get through two books per week, but always have spares on my Kindle app.

Page 42 of 95 « First < 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top