Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 10:22 PM

Do you take Turmeric?

Following quite a bit of media attention about Turmeric I decided to do my own research and among others, I came up with this.....

https://draxe.com/turmeric-benefits/

Does anyone else take Turmeric? And if so, have you noticed any benefits?......

How do you take yours?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 11:34 PM

Re: Do you take Turmeric?

Turmeric is brilliant Imo - an excellent antimicrobial and also fantastic for the liver.

Generally it needs to be heated/cooked for it's properties to be activated. You can do this by creating a batch - add a fair bit to some water so it's like a paste and simmer for 12 minutes, let cool then store in the fridge. Then when you need some, take a spoonful and add it to some water

However one think I will say is that while many natural items offer excellent beneficial properties - they work best when part of a healing diet and lifestyle in conjunction with other beneficial herbs/foods.

I was actually going to write this all up into a diet - but time
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 11:43 PM

Bob turmeric goes very well with cauliflower. I do a variation of this recipe but I steam the cauliflower for a few moments before roasting it and I don't use much curry powder ...

http://kaleandchocolate.com/recipe/c...d-cauliflower/

....and this is another good recipe of which I do a variation, 'aloo gobi ' at the bottom of the page. I use a teaspoonful of tumeric rather than half ...

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...fect-aloo-gobi
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 12:30 AM

Hi

Yes , use it a lot, both in food and to make my maggots sink when fishing in cold water.

Tesco sell it at 85p for 45 grams, or over £17 a kilo.

Elsewhere it is less than £5 a kilo.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 12:38 AM

I have some Tumeric but have never used it as don't know how .
I will try that cauliflower recipe Meg.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 07:29 AM

I bought some capsules about 6 weeks ago and have been taking one a day with water religiously ever since. Can't say they've made any difference whatsoever but I do like the taste. I don't think I'll bother with another bottle. I do sometimes dissolve it in hot water and it makes an interesting drink, but it still seems a waste of money as I don't feel any healthier!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have some Tumeric but have never used it as don't know how .
I will try that cauliflower recipe Meg.

When boiling rice, add 1/4 tsp into the water - will have 'yellow' rice similar to Indian restaurant meals. It is tasteless so won't spoil the rice!!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 08:51 AM

I don't 'take' it as in medicine - but I do use a lot in cooking.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 10:59 AM

Obv I use tumeric OGF, but that won't surprise you of course. I try to put 1 to 2 teaspoons of it in anything I am cooking like chilli or casseroles. I also use smoked paprika a lot and cinnamon.

The advocates of tumeric as another way of fighting cancer suggest it should be dissolved in honey or maple syrup so that the body takes it through the stomach digestion wall (thingy) and then gets it to the affected cells. Not entirely sure on the science of that though but if you are taking turmeric for such things then the research there is important because they are suggesting that if you just eat turmeric normally, it is not taken into body, it's just digested.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 12:23 PM

Always add teasp to rice but have had the crappiest health this winter. However, I like it so will continue using it!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top