Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 03:36 AM

Re: endoscopy

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I am due to have one of these procedures & have heard only horror stories, anyone know the truth?
I had a micro endoscopic discectomy (spelling might be a bit off) on three occasions and they saved a lot of rehabilitation. The operation on my spine was in an operating theatre that looked like a TV studio but I was home within a few days and with a scar that was only a couple of centimetres long.

More recently I had a hernia operation performed using an endoscope (they put a special gauze mat behind the tear); I was home the same day and with two tiny scars each less than a centimetre long.

The endoscope has revolutionised surgery as far as I can see. I think it is brilliant - go for it, Robert!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 09:33 AM

The worst thing about having a colonoscopy is the laxatives and worrying about getting to the hospital and back without "accidents"!
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 07:42 PM

Is it top or bottom Endoscopy ?I have had both,The top you have to swallow a small camera on a thin tube, unpleasant you feel you are choking ,but its over in a few minutes,the staff give you time to swallow slowly ,soon its over and yo get a nice cup of tea.The bottom is a bit more uncomfortsble ,but also over in minutes, my friends daughter was actually given a sedative which sent her to sleep,when she woke up it was all over

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top