Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 06:58 PM

Gritters called out!

I read that gritters were called out yesterday in Cambridge.
The temperature was so hot it was melting the tarmac on the roads and car tyres were sticking to it and ripping it up.

There were also reports of melting roads in Surrey, Norfolk, Greater Manchester and parts of Lancashire as road surfaces reached 104 F. The heat also caused some rail lines to buckle.

Another unusual incident was a lady had left her smartphone on the table as she lunched at an outside cafe in Cornwall and the sun destroyed it's screen and camera.
The phone repair people said it was the worst damage they had ever seen, and the phone was a write-off.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 07:26 PM

Re: Gritters called out!

Hi

On the way back from hospital today I took the long way round to avoid the roadworks.

It was very hot.

Coming through Nantwich there were cars coming towards me with headlights on, a' bit strange , then a few miles later the heavens had opened, water everywhere, even running off the fields onto the road.

The flower beds in Whitchurch had been battered.

Prees has not had a drop, so watering again tonight.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 09:00 AM

Ive seen the same in the past Mups, we dont quite get temperatures that high up here but still very hot these last few days.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Ive seen the same in the past Mups, we dont quite get temperatures that high up here but still very hot these last few days.

Really? Gosh, I'd never heard of it before.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top