Join for free
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 11:59 AM

Hepatitis 'A' Vaccine Shortage

My daughter is going to Asia in a month's time and has had two of the vaccines required but not the Hepatitis A. There is a shortage of the vaccine. She had to get the two other vaccines done in Boots, as her surgery didn't have them.
It is a worry and everywhere we ring (pharmacies, travel clinics) we get the same answer, 'Sorry we have no stocks'!

Is anyone else having a problem getting their vaccines done?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 12:08 PM

Re: Hepatitis 'A' Vaccine Shortage

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My daughter is going to Asia in a month's time and has had two of the vaccines required but not the Hepatitis A. There is a shortage of the vaccine. She had to get the two other vaccines done in Boots, as her surgery didn't have them.
It is a worry and everywhere we ring (pharmacies, travel clinics) we get the same answer, 'Sorry we have no stocks'!

Is anyone else having a problem getting their vaccines done?
A quick check revealed that Lloyds are out of stock but Super may have a supply .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
A quick check revealed that Lloyds are out of stock but Super may have a supply .....

Omah, Thanks!
Do you mean Superdrug? The London Superdrug's that she has rung, have no stocks.
She's coming home for the weekend and l have rung Boots, Superdrug and Asda. I get the same answer from them all!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 12:23 PM

Omah, Thanks!
Do you mean Superdrug? The London Superdrug's that she has rung, have no stocks.
She's coming home for the weekend and l have rung Boots, Superdrug and Asda. I get the same answer from them all!
Yes, I mean Superdrug health clinics - in the Midlands, that's Birmingham, Coventry and Solihull ..... but if you've tried already ......
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 12:31 PM

Hi

There is a global shortage according to Public Health England, I have just checked.

I traveled a lot, so had the two injections, which give you protection for 20 years.

Depends where she is going Art.

Boots in Thailand have supplies apparently.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 12:41 PM

Omah, Thanks!

Is it worth enquiring from Tesco's, Art?
They have a pharmacy and do blood tests etc.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 04:18 PM

It's not uk wide from what I have heard, some places up north have stocks but London and across the southeast don't.

I wonder if it's worth ringing around north of London and making a trip to get it done. It must be a worry not to have it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 04:32 PM

Hi Art this was being discussed on the radio recently and apparently there is a worldwide shortage of the vaccine.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

25-07-2017, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There is a global shortage according to Public Health England, I have just checked.

I traveled a lot, so had the two injections, which give you protection for 20 years.

Depends where she is going Art.

Boots in Thailand have supplies apparently.
Swimmy, She is going to Malaysia, to visit her friends that are teaching there and to Bali and Borneo.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

25-07-2017, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Art this was being discussed on the radio recently and apparently there is a worldwide shortage of the vaccine.
Megs, I think it is really bad. I bet there are lots of various flu vaccines to be found!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top