Join for free
Page 95 of 276 « First < 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 195 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 08:46 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I just hope I haven't picked up a bug as sooner or later I'll have to phone Haemotology and it will be a visit to Ward 2.

I slept a bit from 4 to 6 and felt better for it.
Me too Dreamy, that happened before.
Glad you were able to take a nap. It has turned much cooler in the South. I always think, this hot then cold just breeds the germs. You take care my lovely.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 10:07 PM

Yes it does.

I’ve realised, though, that all my appointments are with my local nurse until the 12th. I don’t have to go to the hospital until the 12th for my CT scan, then I’m at the hospital quite a lot for a while including my 4 days or so in-patient methotrexate treatment.

So I have to look on the bright side - at least I can walk to my G.P surgery without being too much out of breath.

The methotrexate worries me a little. I have a tendency to walk or act out when I'm sleeping and last time during the night I bit through the drip twice on consecutive nights (it didn't matter much as it was just saline and bicarbonate of soda, but what if I had bitten into it when it was the chemo drug?).

The methotrexate is given in one long 12 hour infusion, whilst the saline and bicarbonate are infused continuously - I'll have to see if I can be given it from, say 10 'til 10pm to avoid anything nasty happening.

Anything can happen when I'm asleep in hospital - it's just with it being a strange environment; I'll sleepwalk but usually a nurse will be able to guide me back to my bed. Perhaps that's why I bit through my tubes last time? I'd be unable to sleepwalk with a machine plugged into the wall.

It sounds as though you have as many if not more appointments than me, Val J. Do you have someone to drive you to the hospital and back? How far is it? What's annoying about mine is that they are all departments in the hospital within different buildings so is sometimes tricky getting a taxi back unless they have an exact address.

I have two appointments each fortnight, Ffosse, one in Scarborough and three at my local hospital. Scarborough is a 40 mile round trip but my local hospital is only a couple of miles away. We have a car so hubby drives me there. The problem with my local hospital is that it is closing bit by bit, wards moving to other hospitals and services being cut, soon there will be nothing left of it and it is a modern hospital.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 10:10 PM

I just hope I haven't picked up a bug as sooner or later I'll have to phone Haemotology and it will be a visit to Ward 2.

I slept a bit from 4 to 6 and felt better for it.
Hope you’re ok now Ffosse, we are supposed to monitor our temperatures but I must admit I don’t!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 09:13 AM

No I don't do my temperature unless I feel ill, really hot.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 11:21 AM

No I don't do my temperature unless I feel ill, really hot.
Hope your not hot today Dreamy. The weather is quite hot today in the South.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Hope your not hot today Dreamy. The weather is quite hot today in the South.
No, I’m fine today. The weather, although sunny, is cool and breezy. I’ve been out to my G.P. for the nurse to give me the injection I kept in my fridge. I feel quite well today which is surprising. I’m not sure what caused yesterday’s temperature spike and headache.

I awoke for a couple of hours between 4 and 6, got up, and had to put my space heater on for a bit. Now I feel like a nap again.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

25-05-2018, 01:10 PM

That is good news Dreamy.
Maybe stress? I had a funny turn on Wednesday. But enjoy your day.
The stupid heating here, has sent the temperature way up here. I have just turned it off! I'm muddled as usual.
But very glad to hear from you.lol
Val J
East Yorkshire

25-05-2018, 01:56 PM

Line flush day for me today. Hubby is going to have a lesson on how to do it so that there is a chance of us going on holiday for more than a few days.

It’s chucking it down here, the first rain we’ve had in ages and much needed, hope it clears up for the holiday weekend though.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

25-05-2018, 04:58 PM

It hasn't rained much here - no more than a few drops for some time now but it's been quite cool, forecast to warm up a bit.

I've just opened the Malbec I allow myself once a week - half the bottle today and half tomorrow - I"m having a Cornish Pasty with broccoli and carrots.
Val J
East Yorkshire

25-05-2018, 05:22 PM

It hasn't rained much here - no more than a few drops for some time now but it's been quite cool, forecast to warm up a bit.

I've just opened the Malbec I allow myself once a week - half the bottle today and half tomorrow - I"m having a Cornish Pasty with broccoli and carrots.
It’s cool here too Ffosse and the rain has stopped.

I like a small glass of red with my dinner each night, but not on my chemo days or the evening before my blood test. Enjoy your Malbec, a good choice!

Page 95 of 276 « First < 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 195 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top