Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 11:56 AM

John Major's astonishing Brexit speech attacking Theresa May in full

Excellent Brexit speech by Sir John Major. Totally sums up the weaknesses of the "Ultra Brexit"madness that is sweeping the country. Full of common sense and logic. Unlike some of the nutty and empty arguments for a hard brexit. "Empty Brexit promises" sums it up. High prices, lost jobs and broken dreams = reality.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...peech-12103931
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 02:39 PM

Re: John Major's astonishing Brexit speech attacking Theresa May in full

The scumbag 'nasty party' are tearing themselves apart, much like they did over the Maastricht treaty when John Major was Prime Minister.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 03:02 PM

UJ he was the most socially conscious Tory ever to take office.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Right up to when he sold us down the river.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 03:33 PM

It truly is astonishing he hasn't grasped we voted to leave yet. I don't believe the fear mongering prior to voting I don't believe it now.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->

Oh really??? - who was Secretary of State for Social Security when they made yet more changes (we're now going through the 4th change) which impoverished thousands of claimants for political dogma (yeah you guessed it one John Major). I'm afraid your claim on his behalf rings hollow and since he was a member of Thatcher's Government, that alone makes him an outright scumbag member of the 'nasty party'.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 04:19 PM

Another "Has Been" who has probably been honing his speech for about 5 years.

Why does nobody ask "What Difference Do You think That Will Make"? - "We're Leaving!"

Corbyn must be the happiest Bunny on the Planet, He knows that many of the Remainers are not going to vote for the Tories, just as he also knows that Many of The Brexiteers will do likewise.

This speech does nothing to help the Tories, either way!

It's rapidly becoming a slam dunk for the Reds.
All Corbyn has to do is get through to the election and he will win.

Until the Trots behind him hang him out to dry.

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

01-03-2018, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It truly is astonishing he hasn't grasped we voted to leave yet. I don't believe the fear mongering prior to voting I don't believe it now.
He's talking about leaving. But leaving in a sensible way not an ultra-brexiteer madness way.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

01-03-2018, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Oh really??? - who was Secretary of State for Social Security when they made yet more changes (we're now going through the 4th change) which impoverished thousands of claimants for political dogma (yeah you guessed it one John Major). I'm afraid your claim on his behalf rings hollow and since he was a member of Thatcher's Government, that alone makes him an outright scumbag member of the 'nasty party'.
He didn't inherit anything healthy from Thatcher plus he had to deal with the awful 1990 recession. But as a Tory he was a decent guy compared to some.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 04:28 PM

Hi

I voted leave,I will not ever change my view on that.

Major does however have a point.

The Brexiteers have messed up big time.

They are not delivering what we voted for.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top