Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 02:08 PM

Re: Sainsbury's Daffy Easter prices

I have bought a bunch of Daffs from Sainsbury's also in Aldi's at just £1 each.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
What is wrong with thinking bunch of flowers is a waste of money, as they die off very quickly?

I think we all realise they won't last forever Tara, but they are nice and bright and cheerful and I enjoy mine for a while at least - better to enjoy something for a while, than never at all.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I think we all realise they won't last forever Tara, but they are nice and bright and cheerful and I enjoy mine for a while at least - better to enjoy something for a while, than never at all.
If people like flowers fine, I prefer a pot plant or none at all. Fortunately my husband feels the same way, and has never given me flowers.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 02:26 PM

Mmm, strangely, my Tescos was also out of £1 daffs but had plenty of big bunches of tulips, £6 per bunch, which I bought.

They are glorious, but the cynic in me is wondering if the supermarkets are deliberately under ordering n the daffs because they want us to buy the more expensive alternative?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Mmm, strangely, my Tescos was also out of £1 daffs but had plenty of big bunches of tulips, £6 per bunch, which I bought.

They are glorious, but the cynic in me is wondering if the supermarkets are deliberately under ordering n the daffs because they want us to buy the more expensive alternative?

Sounds a possibility, twizzle. Or they're keeping them out the back until the dearer flowers are sold.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 02:28 PM

If people like flowers fine, I prefer a pot plant or none at all. Fortunately my husband feels the same way, and has never given me flowers.
I have a friend like you, she doesn't "get" cut flowers. She says you just put them in a vase and watch them die!

Lots of pretty primulas around that can go in the garden afterwards.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 02:29 PM

Tara isn't the only one - My daughter in law prefers to see flowers growing in the garden only.

So much so that she didn't even have fresh flowers in her wedding bouquet!

Personally - yes I do like the odd bunch - especially daffodils - my favourite flower.
Ragdoll
Surrey,UK
Ragdoll is female  Ragdoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:04 PM

My Auntie also feels the same about flowers belong in the garden, but knowing that I live in a flat without a garden will always send me flowers for special occasion, this Easter instead of an egg, I got a lovely bunch of Daffs.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:42 PM

Ok I take it back somewhat. I managed to buy a £1 bunch at Sainsbury's today. There were only two left.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:47 PM

I never ever buy bunches of flower, a complete waste of money, imo. I will buy someone a plant, which will last.
I do both. My favourites are orchids which re-flower time after time on our kitchen windowsill. I also have some Christmas cacti which are flowering again. I also have tulips, hyacinths, daffs, camelias starting to flower in the garden, but the winter has been unkind to them.

However, I do like some fresh cut flowers to have on the dining table. Certain varieties last a whole week, sometimes more and give me a lot of pleasure every time I see them. I see that as adding value to my day and worth the money.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top