Join for free
Page 11 of 21 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 06:04 AM

Re: Chemotherapy

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Or it could be.

Awoke this morning with a temperature of 38.4 (at which point I'm meant to phone the hospital but couldn't face going there as they would tell me to come in) and a raging headache.

They've both gone over the day but I dread them coming back tomorrow morning (I think i picked up a bug from somewhere which can be dangerous for me.) It could have been the chemo yesterday as I had a different drug but I don't know.

Anyway, today I've started my 4 days of prednisolone plus one other drug I can't remember the name of.
There is always a chance that cancer can return, that is why they do regular checks, after the treatment has destroyed the cancer, usually for 5 years or more!
Unless you are in the advanced stages of cancer, there is relatively little pain, because the pain is caused by the tumour enlarging and preventing your body working properly....at that stage the pain is often unbearable. If you are having Chemo or radiotherapy, any discomfort you feel is caused by the treatment, but because the levels of treatment are carefully measured, the discomfort will only be temporary. Cancer units will always offer advice on how to deal with these discomforts, so it is always wise to ask for their help!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 05:08 PM

I've had cancer twice, so it did come back but in a different form unrelated to the first.

The cancer pain was much worse the first time even though there was nothing growing in me, no tumour (Hodgkin"s); this time the pain has been more localised, the top of the spine where the tumour was. They did surgery twice and my neck and back in general have been affected by pain which I think is my posture (hard to change).
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 01:34 PM

Well, I went to see my oncologist this morning for the results of my CT scan a few weeks ago and it seems the chemo is doing it’s job and tumours shrinking. Another cycle of chemo tomorrow and I’m happy to continue, I just wish I could get rid of this constant tiredness; that is until I get to bed then miraculously I’m wide awake!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Well, I went to see my oncologist this morning for the results of my CT scan a few weeks ago and it seems the chemo is doing it’s job and tumours shrinking. Another cycle of chemo tomorrow and I’m happy to continue, I just wish I could get rid of this constant tiredness; that is until I get to bed then miraculously I’m wide awake!
That’s wonderful news Val, I’m very pleased for you
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 02:03 PM

I'm very pleased to read that Val.
I hope this constant fatigue subsides soon.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 03:26 PM

That is good news Val! Nobody wants Chemo, but if it is the doing the job well, you need to clench your teeth and put up with it.
I know the tiredness really messes with your normal life, but without the Chemo you can not be sure of having a normal life , so keep up the good fight & show the cancer who is the boss
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 03:50 PM

Good news Val .
All the best
M x
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 04:16 PM

Well done! Great news for you and I hope it continues. The fatigue is the main side-effect and I can't see any way around it, unfortunately.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 07:12 PM

Thanks everyone, the good news has certainly given me a boost. I even managed to cook dinner on my own tonight, something I’ve not done for ages. It’s given hubby a well earned break.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 07:21 PM

Thanks everyone, the good news has certainly given me a boost. I even managed to cook dinner on my own tonight, something I’ve not done for ages. It’s given hubby a well earned break.

Well done Val darlin'. We'll soon have you doing full roasts with home-made Yorkshire pudding - delicious!!!!

Page 11 of 21 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top