Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 06:24 PM

Breakfast Egg in Bacon Basket

Hi everyone, tried these for breakfast this morning after finding the recipe online. It was lovely. I had one with a slice of wholemeal toast and he who must obey had two.
The first thing I thought was….this is great, I can do it for any amount of people from 1 up to 12, for breakfast or brunch. It’s looks nice on the plate, different , really tasty and soooo easy to do..I know, I know, some are probably thinking….. ...whats wrong with just slapping bacon rashers and an egg into a pan and putting onto a plate….. But now I am retired and have the time, I like to try new recipes, and besides, I've always believed) that if the food looks good, it will taste even better. Anyway, I will defo do these again when having relatives stay.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED.
1 x Muffin Tin - spray or very lightly grease with butter, the amount of muffin cups you intend to use.

OVEN TEMPERATURE.
Preheat the oven to 375F - 190C - Gas 5.

INGREDIENTS
2 x Rashers of Streaky Bacon per muffin cup
1 x Egg per muffin cup
A little grated cheese to top it, (optional)
Tiny amount of Salt and Pepper for each egg that you cook.

METHOD
Fry or Grill the bacon rashers until they are nearly cooked (transparent) but must be still pliable. Pat dry on kitchen towel paper.

Starting at the bottom of the muffin cup, wrap the still pliable rashers around the sides of the cup, (It’s okay if the rashers overlap).

Crack an egg into the centre of the muffin cup and lightly salt and pepper it.

Pop the muffin tin into the oven and cook for between 15- 20 minutes. Watch for the yolk and white setting.
(TIP: -I don’t like eggs sunny side up. I prefer them soft but splashed, so if you’re the same, after 10 minutes of cooking, spoon half a teaspoon of water over the egg(s) to get the same desired effect).

A couple of minutes before cooking time was up, I sprinkled a very small amount of grated cheese on the tops, just enough time for it to melt. YUM!

Turn out onto a warmed plate and enjoy breakfast.

Comment from He Who Must Obey? “Ruddy Hell, they’re posh aren’t they?”
(please note he wolfed them both down with relish).

Enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	egg in basket 2.jpeg
Views:	205
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	5685   Click image for larger version

Name:	egg in basket 3.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	5686   Click image for larger version

Name:	egg in baset 4.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	5687   Click image for larger version

Name:	egg in basket 1.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	5688  
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 06:29 PM

Re: Breakfast Egg in Bacon Basket

mmm they look tasty, did you save any for me.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 06:38 PM

lol, Hi Susie, No, unfortunately, only did one for me as that is sufficient to fill my tummy with a slice of toast.

I was thinking of inviting some family for brunch sometime, just so I can show them how clever I am.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 06:57 PM

What a brilliant idea! Am definitely going to try that one. Don't have a muffin tin but I am sure it will work with ramekins.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 06:51 AM

It did work with ramekins - and was absolutely delicious! I am hooked!!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 06:57 AM

Oh boy my tum is rumbling now. I guess i.m getting up now to make some. I was going to sneak another hour but needs must.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

11-04-2018, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Oh boy my tum is rumbling now. I guess i.m getting up now to make some. I was going to sneak another hour but needs must.
They are worth it - honest !
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 12:15 PM

They look really nice mmmmm My greedy hubby just said where's the Mushrooms and Tomatoes?
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 12:59 PM

Such a nice idea, something different.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 01:23 PM

I don't like a cooked breakfast (other than something like porridge) but they look nice - for lunch maybe? might experiment with making them in the microwave.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top