Join for free
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 06:14 AM

The Windrush Debacle

What a state the Gov't have got themselves in.

If any group of people deserve the full rights and privileges of British citizenship without question or fuss it is these people and their progeny.

Come on Amber Rudd, TM et al.......SORT IT OUT !
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 06:55 AM

Re: The Windrush Debacle

The whole approach to people who have been living here without the right documents for decades is ridiculous. To suddenly try to uproot people, who are often now pensioners having ignored their status for decades is appalling. You should draw a line and say anyone coming in from now on is monitored and give ID cards to the rest. To separate families and stick people in detention when they have paid taxes, NI and worked here is just plain cruel and nasty. Also a waste of taxpayers' money.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 07:03 AM

Nasty, vicious fascist scumbags. Just goes to show what a despicable shower of scumbags the 'nasty party' is.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b0edca2cbbebc2
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 07:59 AM

I watched a video of this when these people arrived on the Windrush to our country , they were so well dressed in suits , smiley happy people coming to Britain to be part of us , the happiness on their faces for a new life . The children excited , then to hear of the way they have been treated is shameful , none have ever been able to get a passport or leave the country . Shame on our government . Appalling way to treat those who lived here all their life's , worked and helped build Britain .
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 08:25 AM

Now if we all had ID and numbers this would not happen
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 08:30 AM

The way I understand it, it's a paperwork error and Rudd has confirmed that no one will be sent back.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The way I understand it, it's a paperwork error and Rudd has confirmed that no one will be sent back.

Too bloody late!!! - some already have been. Now if they were Australians or white South Africans, this would not have happened, proving beyond a shadow of doubt just what racist, fascist pigs there are in the 'nasty party'.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 08:45 AM

This has IMO racism at its core, no white commonwealth immigrant has had any such problem, I've recently realised some of the people saying what I've been saying about Brexit being a chance to reconnect with the commonwealth for many only means white faces, they don't want any more black faces on our streets at all.

Amber Rudd is at the very least incompetant the Tory government at the very least are evil and I can't wait to get them out of office.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Amber Rudd is at the very least incompetant the Tory government at the very least are evil and I can't wait to get them out of office.
I can't wait to wave them goodbye, and I won't be wishing them luck as they go.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I can't wait to wave them goodbye, and I won't be wishing them luck as they go.
I assume you are referring to the Government, not the Windrush Generation?

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top