Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 11:48 PM

Steven Lawrence

BBC 1

The terrible face of Racism in the Police.
How could they behave like this?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 08:04 AM

Re: Steven Lawrence

No one watched this ?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 08:31 AM

I watched it and his parents pain was the same as any white parent who's child was murdered.

I was upset that members of the police force had probably been bribed to save the white criminals and it made me realize that policemen were not as trustworthy as we expect.

It is tragic that people are judged by the colour of their skin, rather than the individual they are.

I asked myself "Are these racist white men, who went round killing blacks, partly responsible for the gang culture that now occurred in London?"..... because people will always find a reason to take revenge!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
No one watched this ?
Sorry Muddy but I've got Lawrence fatigue with it being in the news virtually constantly for twenty odd years, very much like McCann fatigue I guess...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 09:22 AM

I didn't watch it Muddy but t recorded Mrs Lawrence's interview on loose women. It was her last ever interview she said she wants to get on with her life and leave all the publicity behind.

She seemed a very serious person who does not smile easily, I expect her young sons murder has dominated the whole of her being. I hope she does manage to let go now and as she said have some "me" time.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 09:49 AM

I missed it was working but I agree I never understood how police could be so corrupt. Having police in my family it hurt them greatly the way public lost faith. I'm not sure it's that much better now either.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 09:55 AM

Oh yes Saint Stephen....! NO didn't watch it better things to do.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

20-04-2018, 09:57 AM

Why do you say that?
He was just a boy from a decent family waiting for a bus .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Sorry Muddy but I've got Lawrence fatigue with it being in the news virtually constantly for twenty odd years, very much like McCann fatigue I guess...
Yes I agree.
What makes these cases any more special than similar events.
Racism is ugly, and whether Steven was black or white should make no difference to the fact that an innocent lad was murdered in cold blood. I don't believe that most police officers are corrupt or racist, but inner cities throw up problems that don't occur elsewhere. There will always be those people who object to people who are different to themselves be it colour, religion or sexual orientation, to name but a few, and it will always be highlighted in the news to make it a justifiable story. In a way, it's white folk who are the subject of racism, had it been a white lad at a bus stop who was murdered, it would have attracted a few lines in the local paper for a week and then buried forever...
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yes I agree.
What makes these cases any more special than similar events.
Racism is ugly, and whether Steven was black or white should make no difference to the fact that an innocent lad was murdered in cold blood. I don't believe that most police officers are corrupt or racist, but inner cities throw up problems that don't occur elsewhere. There will always be those people who object to people who are different to themselves be it colour, religion or sexual orientation, to name but a few, and it will always be highlighted in the news to make it a justifiable story. In a way, it's white folk who are the subject of racism, had it been a white lad at a bus stop who was murdered, it would have attracted a few lines in the local paper for a week and then buried forever...
The met wouldn't be described as being intuitionally racist though would they if it had been a white lad murdered by a white gang.
Sadly Baroness Lawrence had this to say about SY who can really disagree with her.

'If there was somebody to trust (in the Met) they would have put Stephen’s killers away at the time not wait 20 years’.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top