Join for free
Page 39 of 52 « First < 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 03:37 AM

Re: Jerusalem

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Well you can't have it all ways though can you?

If the general consensus on here is to disregard 'ancient biblical stuff' as having no credence, relevancy or carry any weight.... that map is redundant and been overtaken by events.
One of the most notable 'the Crusades' ..when the Pope backed crusades from the West to win back Jerusalem from the Muslims (Turks) ..... for the Christians.

Now ..on the other hand if we are to accept the redrawn (again) map of modern Israel to include their occupied territories where does that realistically leave us?
In an ongoing state of war in the ME where Iran or Syria or any of Israel's neighbours also have the right to win land through war and keep it.

If Iran were to attack Israel tomorrow could anyone complain or vilify Muslims without sounding hypocritical?
I bet Saddam wish he'd had these rules of engagement when he went into Iraq... and Assad must feel real peeved as he's gone nowhere except got embroiled in a Civil War in his own country.
It's all madness.

I'm rather open to any avenue which might offer peace in the ME, but where none are disadvantaged at expense of another greedy nation.
Yeh, I know .... a pipe dream.
well we may as well continue as you seem to be the only decent debater around here?

If the general consensus on here is to disregard 'ancient biblical stuff' as having no credence, relevancy or carry any weight

doesn't mean you're all right - in fact history often proves the opposite - so general consensus often to me means ' sheep sticking together for safety'

If Iran were to attack Israel tomorrow could anyone complain or vilify Muslims without sounding hypocritical?

really - they haven't got the balls!

I bet Saddam wish he'd had these rules of engagement when he went into Iraq when did this happen exactly?

tease me a bit more Mort??
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 09:22 AM

Talking about sheep shows how controlled are the unfortunate people of Gaza ,they are sheep lead by wolves .
The tire burning demonstrators at the Gaza fence demonstrated one thing only -they are totally controlled by their leaders who sit safely in Qutar .
This was no spontaneous gathering but a highly organised Hamas operation .
Go make a fuss at the fence -they go
Burn down facilities at the crossings ON THE GAZA SIDE ?
They do it -they needed needed to garner a little more international sympathy to distract from the Jerusalem event .
But it didn't work .
The world is getting seriously fed up with Gaza .
Even the most uninformed could see that their ' peaceful ' demonstration was anything but and nothing more than a staged pallywood event .
Their usual cries of how many children Israel shot were inexplicably forgotten when they said that 50 of the dead were their own Hamas operatives.
And their faux outrage pales in comparison to the real tragedies going on in Syria .
It's a terrible problem for Israel to have this constant thorn in their side .
And it can only get worse as the Palestinian Authority is now with holding financial payments to Gaza which will cause more hardship to its hapless inhabitants .
What a pity that Egypt doesn't want it back but who can blame them?
The Gaza is a problem that no one one wants nor offers solutions too yet they are happy to condemn Israel for defending its own borders.
Thereby putting it in a no win situation .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
watch the doco by ross kemp - this illustrates it as clearly as the bible describes it - he goes to lebanon - yes dear lebanon were sunnis and shias can be found together in the same neighborhoods and they shoot across at each other in the same street - no jews there just arabs - he talks to a shia arms dealer who describes how he hates the sunnis with a passion. Muslims hating muslims - brothers fighting brothers like wild donkeys of the desert

and then send thousands of their men to syria - to fight jews?? No - to fight muslims again and again and again!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 02:56 PM

I couldn't see the video
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 03:20 PM

https://youtu.be/iD1u6MNAkMU?t=33
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 04:06 PM

https://youtu.be/iD1u6MNAkMU?t=33
That's pretty long ... I'll watch it later tonight and tell you my thoughts on it.

Hee .. hee ... sorry about the error in an earlier post which you spotted..
Of course, keeping with the biblical slant, Saddam 'came out of Iraq' ... he didn't go into it. He went to Kuwait.

Here's a good video I highly recommend.
12 minutes long. It explains simply how the Palestinian/Israeli conflict got to where it is today without favouring either side.
It's 'middle of the road' more moderate ( no blame attached to either side) so might not suit anyone who already strongly holds an unshakeable allegiance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wo2TLlMhiw&t=610s
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

25-05-2018, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
That's pretty long ... I'll watch it later tonight and tell you my thoughts on it.

Hee .. hee ... sorry about the error in an earlier post which you spotted..
Of course, keeping with the biblical slant, Saddam 'came out of Iraq' ... he didn't go into it. He went to Kuwait.

Here's a good video I highly recommend.
12 minutes long. It explains simply how the Palestinian/Israeli conflict got to where it is today without favouring either side.
It's 'middle of the road' more moderate ( no blame attached to either side) so might not suit anyone who already strongly holds an unshakeable allegiance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wo2TLlMhiw&t=610s
sorry Mort but as an educator of long standing this was an appalling presentation - if I taught any of my students to do their presentations like that I would be crucified!!

BUT thank you because you did lead me to further investigations about Israel and the Gaza and West Bank and I would recommend these more better spaced presentations!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r1EmEni2Rw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0uLbeQlwjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdLWg8j853w

the last is quite fascinating and describes the development of the city of Rawabi in the West Bank and overlooking Jewish 'illegal' settlements. It is a short distance from Ramallah were frequent outbursts of hostility occur. This project could be the spearhead of a new Israel with a new future?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

25-05-2018, 07:07 AM

Gumbud I have brought up Rawabi in this thread and in the many that have been brought up over the years in the forum and you are the first person to ever mention it !
Notably many of the architects and engineers on this project were woman .
I add this because it shows that Arab women have equal opportunities to men in Israel .
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

25-05-2018, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Gumbud I have brought up Rawabi in this thread and in the many that have been brought up over the years in the forum and you are the first person to ever mention it !
Notably many of the architects and engineers on this project were woman .
I add this because it shows that Arab women have equal opportunities to men in Israel .
well it's a great project as long as the Israelis keep the water flowing into the city!

I've been doing some ME studies all day and this is the best youtube I came up with - very comprehensive and almost unbiased!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg1unr6eNpQ
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 11:55 AM

sorry Mort but as an educator of long standing this was an appalling presentation - if I taught any of my students to do their presentations like that I would be crucified!!

BUT thank you because you did lead me to further investigations about Israel and the Gaza and West Bank and I would recommend these more better spaced presentations!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r1EmEni2Rw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0uLbeQlwjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdLWg8j853w

the last is quite fascinating and describes the development of the city of Rawabi in the West Bank and overlooking Jewish 'illegal' settlements. It is a short distance from Ramallah were frequent outbursts of hostility occur. This project could be the spearhead of a new Israel with a new future?
Never mind the appalling presentation of the one I offered ... what did you think of it's content?
I suspect I already know the answer.
I haven't had time to watch the first one you posted, never mind the others you've added. (A bit busy in the real world just now).

I will try to watch them but from remarks you've earned so far I suspect they'll all be promoting how good and peaceful a region it will be if it is in the control of Israel ....
irrespective of Israel's right to militarily occupy in the first place, or their right to impose their laws or method of governing.

I'll get back if I can ... if I can't I'll bow out if this thread as better, more well informed people have already done before me.

Page 39 of 52 « First < 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top