Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 07:27 PM

Our garden in progress

We are very fortunate to have a garden on two levels, its quite parklike walking down the steps into the bottom garden. The bottom garden is a wasted space as you will see (the one with the dog in the corner of the garden) and I keep thinking I'd love an allotment down there to grow all my own veggies but I wouldn't know where to start. I'm hopeless at stuff like that.

Anyway I thought you might like to see pictures of our garden, we are really enjoying it with the wonderful weather we are having right now. Still quite a lot of work to do in the garden but we are getting there.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	garden4.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	5967   Click image for larger version

Name:	garden12.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	5968   Click image for larger version

Name:	garden9.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	5969   Click image for larger version

Name:	garden2.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	5970   Click image for larger version

Name:	garden7.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	5971  

Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 07:30 PM

Re: Our garden in progress

Looks lush n lovely already LQs
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 07:33 PM

That's a great space you have LQ and I like the steps down Somehow, looking down on a garden is more pleasing than looking up. I would definitely go for growing veggies if I were you. I'm sure you would get plenty of advice on here.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 07:43 PM

Looking Good LQ why don't you put in some raised beds for growing veggies and fruit .
It's amazing how much you can grow in them mine are full to bursting
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Looking Good LQ why don't you put in some raised beds for growing veggies and fruit .
Do you start them in a greenhouse Meg or straight in the ground?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 07:48 PM

Thanks Meg, do you have a picture of your raised bed?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Do you start them in a greenhouse Meg or straight in the ground?
LD I don't have a greenhouse, runner beans I start in the spare bedroom likewise chitting early potatoes.
In 2 raised beds have raspberries/strawberries /garlic/leeks/purple sprouting broccoli / spring onions and parsley all the veg grown from small plants from the nursery.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-05-2018, 07:53 PM

LD I don't have a greenhouse, runner beans I start in the spare bedroom likewise chitting early potatoes.
In 2 raised beds have raspberries/strawberries /garlic/leeks/purple sprouting broccoli / spring onions and parsley all the veg grown from small plants from the nursery.
Wow that sounds great. I don't have much space left in the garden now but I am interested in growing some veggies. I would imagine that the raised beds makes life a lot easier and keeps them all together.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 08:41 PM

There's a couple (teachers) at school....early 40s ish
She is severely diabetic (but blonde and voluptuous and so into the Brontés she is as if from another era!)
He is drop dead gorgeous (typical brooding dark Celt looks) and follows her around like a love sick puppy

He grows their vegetables for her benefit (everyone say awwww!) and last year I was invited to a meal at their house.
I'm not kidding you...
I have NEVER tasted vegetables like them!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 06:41 AM

You are so lucky LQ I would love a garden like that mine is tiny in comparison. I would grow veggies too you even have room for a few miniature fruit trees...I have a miniature apple tree and I get loads of apples from it. A greenhouse too if you wanted...lucky you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top