Join for free
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 06:46 PM

Fete.Or Similar.

Have you ever entered your home made or home grown produce into a fete or something similar?.i have never done this personally, ..but would love to here,if anyone on here has.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 07:59 PM

Re: Fete.Or Similar.

I haven't done it either but can see the attraction. I would like to make and sell cakes or healthy ready meals.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 10:55 PM

No, but Ive made cakes for cake sales for charity

Im not the neatest , my baking is obviously home baked
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I haven't done it either but can see the attraction. I would like to make and sell cakes or healthy ready meals.
When i was a cook,i made many a cake,i also used to make them,when my gym had a charity event, ...i even went as far,as to the get the council
food inspector out,to see if my kitchen was suitable, which it was, food and hygiene certificate was in place,i just never got round to it,..i dont think there would be a lot of profit in it Longdogs, do you?...small oven,..although quite a few cook from home dont they?..and sell at stalls,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

24-05-2018, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
No, but Ive made cakes for cake sales for charity

Im not the neatest , my baking is obviously home baked

I must admit,I'm not the neatest either Missy,..i dont seem to have the patience for all the intricate detail they pipe onto the cakes,..i watch a programme, (cant remember the name of it)..they have their own cake businesses, extremely talented bakers,..some of the designs are amazing, mind you so are the prices,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
When i was a cook,i made many a cake,i also used to make them,when my gym had a charity event, ...i even went as far,as to the get the council
food inspector out,to see if my kitchen was suitable, which it was, food and hygiene certificate was in place,i just never got round to it,..i dont think there would be a lot of profit in it Longdogs, do you?...small oven,..although quite a few cook from home dont they?..and sell at stalls,
That's the problem isn't it. It's ok making for charity but to make a profit you would really need to step up production. I would probably eat most of it anyway.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's the problem isn't it. It's ok making for charity but to make a profit you would really need to step up production. I would probably eat most of it anyway.

The other thing is, when baking/cooking from home for sale, people really don't want to pay the correct price

I often get called on to make for a local restaurant , im always left out of pocket as I cant even charge NMW as it pushes the price sky high

The only way it works out for me is if they supply the ingredients and I fit their baking around my own cooking
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

25-05-2018, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
The other thing is, when baking/cooking from home for sale, people really don't want to pay the correct price

I often get called on to make for a local restaurant , im always left out of pocket as I cant even charge NMW as it pushes the price sky high

The only way it works out for me is if they supply the ingredients and I fit their baking around my own cooking
Mmmm. Not so good.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top