Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 05:44 AM

Re: Sex workers

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Is there no way they could put these poor people into some sort of light coma until the drug is out of their system ?
I suspect that, if they don't go through the "cold turkey" feelings, they could be easily persuaded to use drugs again. I know people, who have stopped smoking, will light a fag when something stressful happens...but one fag is unlikely to make them as addicted as one dose of drugs will.
If you give up a bad habit, it needs to be a lifetime decision, so I am sure memories of the "cold turkey" really help.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 06:28 AM

Hi

The oldest profession, it is not going to stop.

The rational thing to do is legalise it, compulsory health checks, licensed premises only and tax the earnings.

That way you get rid of the pimps and traffickers and the income can be used to properly fund addiction clinics.

The Government estimates that prostitution earnings in the UK are £8.86 Billion, a huge amount of money, 40% of which is from male prostitution.

Taxing that would take it out of the Black Economy and fund the support systems we need and increase regulation.

Just my thoughts, I know many will disagree.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 07:00 AM

Yes Swims it is the oldest profession but in its long history has it ever been followed in order to feed a drug habit?
These women are at the lowest end they charge £20 a time which they immediately spend on a shot .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes Swims it is the oldest profession but in its long history has it ever been followed in order to feed a drug habit?
These women are at the lowest end they charge £20 a time which they immediately spend on a shot .
Exactly Muddy! I have no problem legalizing prostitution because it will help stop the transmission of STIs, but the reason that women go into this profession is because it is the easiest way to get money that most are often in desperate need of. Some need it to put a roof over their child s head, which is ok, but for drug addicts it just means it is a safer place to to earn enough for their next shot..... but it won't get them off the drugs! The only way to stop that is to make efforts into stopping them trying drugs in the first place
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Exactly Muddy! I have no problem legalizing prostitution because it will help stop the transmission of STIs, but the reason that women go into this profession is because it is the easiest way to get money that most are often in desperate need of. Some need it to put a roof over their child s head, which is ok, but for drug addicts it just means it is a safer place to to earn enough for their next shot..... but it won't get them off the drugs! The only way to stop that is to make efforts into stopping them trying drugs in the first place
Hi

I think we all agree on that.

It has to be funded though, and therein lies the problem, we aren't funding it.

There is a huge shortage of places in Rehabilitation Clinics.

Our Drug Prevention Strategy simply is not working either.

Afghanistan is producing more heroin than ever, it costs peanuts over there and criminals are making a fortune from it and spreading misery.

It would be cheaper to simply buy up the crop and burn it.

I also think that we should take a much harder line with dealers
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The oldest profession, it is not going to stop.

The rational thing to do is legalise it, compulsory health checks, licensed premises only and tax the earnings.

That way you get rid of the pimps and traffickers and the income can be used to properly fund addiction clinics.

The Government estimates that prostitution earnings in the UK are £8.86 Billion, a huge amount of money, 40% of which is from male prostitution.

Taxing that would take it out of the Black Economy and fund the support systems we need and increase regulation.

Just my thoughts, I know many will disagree.

I'm in agreement with this .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

25-05-2018, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I think we all agree on that.

It has to be funded though, and therein lies the problem, we aren't funding it.

There is a huge shortage of places in Rehabilitation Clinics.

Our Drug Prevention Strategy simply is not working either.

Afghanistan is producing more heroin than ever, it costs peanuts over there and criminals are making a fortune from it and spreading misery.

It would be cheaper to simply buy up the crop and burn it.

I also think that we should take a much harder line with dealers
The real problem is that everybody wants more money for something, health care, education, increased pay deals, housing... but there just isn't enough money for it all. All past governments have tried to paint a picture of how much they are giving back... but they haven't dealt with the cause!

Why are there so many immigrants in this country when we cannot provide for our own?

Why are so many drugs being brought into the country to create drug addicts?

Why are there so many single teenage mums needing houses?

The answer is that governments were convinced that computers would reduce the amount of wages paid so everything would be cheaper. Sadly the idiots didn't realize that this would mean more benefit claims when the population is increasing but jobs are not!
This means that they have not made provision for sufficient employees to keep drugs and immigrants out of the country, or stop people getting pregnant so they can get a house!

When did any of us see a computer searching for drugs,checking immigrants were legally here or teaching kids that getting pregnant may get you a house but it won't make you happy and life will be hard!

It is time that governments had a reliable plan of action which doesn't give the people what they want, just to win votes, but does ensure that the country can be run efficiently for all. But we all know that will never happen
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 09:21 AM

There is a big difference between drug prevention and drug treatment for addiction, at the end of my working life I was involved in drug prevention. I oversaw funding for research to furnish the evidence base on what does or does not work in preventing young people from taking drugs.

I don't profess to be an expert but I can tell you that shock tactics do not work. Getting folks who were on drugs and have rehabilitated to give talks in schools and the like is simply a waste of money neither does visits to clinics or harrowing photos none of that works.

The proven way to keep kids off drugs is diversionary activity get kids involved and passionate about other things Sport...whatever, we need investment in after school clubs and youth facilities and kids need to be involved from an early age it's as simple as that..

I know from our adult perspective it sounds right to go down the shock tactics route ...but truly it's been proven over and over that it does not work.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

25-05-2018, 09:28 AM

Hi

Our system will not change Twinks.

Legalising it would pay for itself.

Drugs are brought in because there are huge profits to be made.

Our benefits system needs to change, nobody is brave enough to do it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

25-05-2018, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
There is a big difference between drug prevention and drug treatment for addiction, at the end of my working life I was involved in drug prevention. I oversaw funding for research to furnish the evidence base on what does or does not work in preventing young people from taking drugs.

I don't profess to be an expert but I can tell you that shock tactics do not work. Getting folks who were on drugs and have rehabilitated to give talks in schools and the like is simply a waste of money neither does visits to clinics or harrowing photos none of that works.

The proven way to keep kids off drugs is diversionary activity get kids involved and passionate about other things Sport...whatever, we need investment in after school clubs and youth facilities and kids need to be involved from an early age it's as simple as that..

I know from our adult perspective it sounds right to go down the shock tactics route ...but truly it's been proven over and over that it does not work.
Whatever works is good! When I was offered drugs in the 60's I refused because sticking a needle into myself was something I couldn't possibly to do.......now I am diabetic and do 4 injections a day.
The problem now is that too many drugs are being sold and some kids will always be happy to try them. I agree with Swimmy that dealers should be punished much harder because, in effect, they are no better that murderers!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top