Join for free
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 05:12 PM

Safety kit to be added to cars

The EU wants to implement safety kit to be added to new cars from2021, to cut road deaths, such items include....
Advanced emergency braking..this brakes the car automatically if the driver fails to take evasive action
Alcohol interlock pre wiring...prevents the car from starting until a clean breath sample is given..from 2021 cars must be pre wired for alcolocks allowing them to be fitted of repeat drink drivers
Drowsiness and innatention detection..
Event ( accident) data recorder
Emergency stop signal..flashes hazard lights in heavy braking
Better seatbelts safer windscreens
Intelligent speed recognition...sets the speed limit according to the road sign
Lane keep assist..steers back into lane if the driver strays across white line
Extra side impact protection
Reverse camera or detection system
All to be fitted as standard on all new cars sold in Europe from 2021....a good idea to prevent accidents,but how much will it add to the price of a new car, as these will no longer be options,but mandatory
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 05:17 PM

Re: Safety kit to be added to cars

We don't want any of that EU rubbish, we want the right to kill each other!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 05:33 PM

Regarding cost Primus, as much as they can get away with. Standard British business practice.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 05:56 PM

Mine already has auto braking and reversing cameras ( it has 5 cameras in total) as well as white line warning as well as a host of other warning features such as low tyre pressure warning - proximity warning etc to name but a couple

The one thing cars should have but don't is brake light and light failure warning, my old volvo had it for brakes lights.

I can forsee dashcams being built in not too far in the future as well
i have fitted them to both cars
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 06:07 PM

It will raise costs massively. Many of those are optional extras on many cars which cost £2000 or more. Most people don't want them.

It's just another move to take control of people. They will ultimate;y make tracking devices mandatory in cars which record your speed, braking, accelleration and steering habits. At the moment these "black boxes" are optional and can get you lower insurance premiums. Just another way to monitor and control the populous. EU Federal State = Orwellian nightmare.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Mine already has auto braking and reversing cameras ( it has 5 cameras in total) as well as white line warning as well as a host of other warning features such as low tyre pressure warning - proximity warning etc to name but a couple

The one thing cars should have but don't is brake light and light failure warning, my old volvo had it for brakes lights.

I can forsee dashcams being built in not too far in the future as well
i have fitted them to both cars
The Citroen c3 has a dash cam built in, on certain models
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 07:32 PM

Just been watching replays from my dashcam. Actually caught a couple of days ago a van driver throwing a banana skin out his van window.

If every car was fitted with one I suspect driving standards would improve knowing they are being recorded
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 07:39 PM

Will there be pot hole recognition I wonder?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top