Join for free
Page 37 of 79 « First < 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 12:48 PM

Re: Murder by Police - George Floyd

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I haven't said anything of the sort, so I'm not sure if your post is aimed at me or not.

Anyway, while your here, you told me earlier that I supported the murder of black people because I said BLM is not about racism and equality, it's about the hard left rioting in the streets, damaging public property and burning peoples possessions. An anarchist and ideological movement, driven by organisations such as Antifa who have an agenda very different from peaceful anti-racism protests.

Just for the record, I agree that George Floyd was murdered by the police and I also support the narrative that racism was behind it. I do not, however, legitimise messages delivered through violent crime, vandalism and killing innocent people (like the retired, black policeman who was murdered defending his shop from looters). If you think these riots and so called "protests" are in the name of fighting the social injustice of racism, then going to war against white people, the police and businesses is hardly giving the right message is it.

That shop owner was shot by the police.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Good heavens, man. Do you not read the newspaper or watch the news ? Kettling and bombardment with tear gas, pepper spray and rubber bullets is happening across the U.S.

One female news reporter had her eye shot out by a rubber bullet.
In NYC, the police herded a peaceful crowd into a dead end street, blocked the only way out, and bombed them with tear gas. One man who lived on that street heard the noise and started pulling people into his apartment. 70 people spent the night there.
Then you should have specified the US.

I'm sure many Americans assume that the entire world extends as far as the east and west coasts of the US.

Just out of interest, I do read British newspapers online, but tend to scroll past anything relating to America and, for that matter, other countries which really don't concern me.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Then you should have specified the US.

I'm sure many Americans assume that the entire world extends as far as the east and west coasts of the US.

Just out of interest, I do read British newspapers online, but tend to scroll past anything relating to America and, for that matter, other countries which really don't concern me.
Then that explains why you don't know what is actually happening in America.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Then just build a big wall round the city, throw a few watermelons in from time to time, and leave the SOB's to get on with it.

Sorted.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 12:54 PM

That shop owner was shot by the police.
The man was a retired policeman, David Dorn and he was shot by an (alleged) black man, looting his shop in Saint Louis.

Get your facts right

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/david-d...ptain-protest/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-06-2020, 01:00 PM

Then that explains why you don't know what is actually happening in America.
I really couldn't care less what is happening in America.

My concerns extend to what is happening in the UK. Perhaps that's because I live here.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-06-2020, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by bread ->
the man was a retired policeman, david dorn and he was shot by an (alleged) black man, looting his shop in saint louis.

Get your facts right

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/david-d...ptain-protest/
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 01:14 PM

Well, I can see I'm wasting my time.

Rather ironic when you consider that under most other circumstances the posters here are usually quite liberal. Now, however, when it comes to blacks being openly murdered by U.S. cops, you are suddenly ultra-conservative. One might say even white supremacists ?
I'll make no bones about it, I'm FAR from being socially liberal. As for schwartzers being killed by police while there is no doubt there are a few loose cannons there is no doubt that with the very real danger of being shot by someone belonging to a sector of the population with a firmly established propensity for crime and violence it makes perfect sense when if there is any - note ANY doubt - to shoot first and ask questions afterwards.

Now white supremacists.

Speaking for myself a absolutely reject that there is any superior race but I DO believe that in any given society there will always be one race that is top of the evolutionary tree FOR THAT SOCIETY.

The implication of that is that all races are not equal, a thing that I totally uphold.

I suggest that "The Ballad of East and West" by Rudyard Kipling would be worth reading for you. Especially the final verse :-

Oh, East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,

Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God's great Judgment Seat;

But there is neither East nor West, Border, nor Breed, nor Birth,

When two strong men stand face to face though they come from the

ends of the earth!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 01:40 PM

Meanwhile in Houston...

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 02:12 PM

This was a report on the widely publicised incident where children were kettled during a protest. It was in 2011 but I am sure there was a similar incident in recent years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14029676

Page 37 of 79 « First < 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top