Join for free
Page 5 of 48 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 11:08 PM

Re: France is right to ban the Burkini

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Exactly right!
SHE WASN'T WEARING A BURKINI!!

All it achieved was her humiliation, her young daughter was crying, people were shouting at her...holy Norah!
It was a masterclass in mishandling and it was shameful.

France is better than this surely?
Pedantics,

It was as close as she could get and quite possibly trying it on, as per JB's comment.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Sorry JBR
But unless you can see that that is utter b******* then it's no wonder you fear for our future

Most of us are working on the basic premise that all humans, in the core, want the same thing.

It's when you start to categorise and dehumanise people that you lose the basis of your own humanity
And therein lies the crux of the matter. 'Ignorance is no defense' they say but this could be altered to 'innocence is no defense' - which is probably more apt. There ARE nasty people with hidden agendas and duplicity is a very effective weapon that many are using. Can you see the wood for trees though? Can you, with hand on your heart, tell the bad men from the good - or are they all 'good' in your eyes? If that was the case there wouldn't be any unrest in this world - no murders - no rapes - no robberies etc. Can the rest of us sleep soundly in our beds and leave matters of security to the likes of you? There isn't any security that I can see? And the trouble is you are not alone are you.

Bit harsh I know but heck - we are talking about very serious issues here.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I have some sympathy but I'm always reminded of how a soldier was treated at Queen Elizabeth hospital.

Some members of the Muslim staff complained that his uniform was upsetting them and refused to Help until it was removed.

This young squaddie had been injured in Afghanistan, treated at Bastion, stabilised and medevac'ed back to the UK.

He was then made to feel uncomfortable in his uniform.

So........
That too is shameful and it was mismanaged.

The staff should've been told to get on with the job they were paid to do.
Either that or take a forced sabbatical with Doctors Without Borders, that would help them to grow up.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Pedantics,

It was as close as she could get and quite possibly trying it on, as per JB's comment.
So you would ask a British woman in her autumn years to strip off because she was wearing a tunic and headcover of sorts would you?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
So you would ask a British woman in her autumn years to strip off because she was wearing a tunic and headcover of sorts would you?
He could start with Nigella and see where that got him!
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 11:16 PM

There is a French Presidential election soon. This has maybe something to do with it. Authorities trying to take a hard line after all the recent troubles.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...aunches-elect/
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
He could start with Nigella and see where that got him!
He'd have to do lines.

Hold on, I must be mistaken, she's not a teacher
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
And therein lies the crux of the matter. 'Ignorance is no defense' they say but this could be altered to 'innocence is no defense' - which is probably more apt. There ARE nasty people with hidden agendas and duplicity is a very effective weapon that many are using. Can you see the wood for trees though? Can you, with hand on your heart, tell the bad men from the good - or are they all 'good' in your eyes? If that was the case there wouldn't be any unrest in this world - no murders - no rapes - no robberies etc. Can the rest of us sleep soundly in our beds and leave matters of security to the likes of you? There isn't any security that I can see? And the trouble is you are not alone are you.

Bit harsh I know but heck - we are talking about very serious issues here.
You can say that about any 'category' of bad people
Your argument is based on pillars of sand
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
There is a French Presidential election soon. This has maybe something to do with it. Authorities trying to take a hard line after all the recent troubles.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...aunches-elect/
Thank you .. thank you .. someone else who can see the political shenanigans afoot.
I could kiss you .. and as a Western porciney woman I am at liberty to do so.
Shameless aren't I.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

25-08-2016, 11:22 PM

Seriously...please take the time to read this http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7208326.html

the woman who designed the burkini as a garment to FREE women of all nationalities and religions and enable them to have fun!

The woman who invented the burkini has said French authorities have misunderstood why the swimsuit was created and urged them not to turn it into a symbol of division.
“Why do women have to be punished for wearing something that represents freedom, and health, fitness and enjoyment?”

Page 5 of 48 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top