Join for free
Page 120 of 125 « First < 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 > Last »
Ffosse
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 06:20 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Quite a good day for me - I've enjoyed the tennis and the football to come should be interesting.

Had quite a long chat with my friend Colin whom I met in AA years ago. He has had both colon and bladder cancer to contend with but is slowly getting better.

Then I phoned my sister and we had quite a lengthy chat - she suffers from bad migraines and is seeing her GP tomorrow as her current medication doesn't seem to be working.

I'm OK - just a little nervous every time I go to bed, dreading a repeat of last Friday when I woke up so ill. I have 2 bags packed, ready to go to the hospital at any time if needed but obviously hoping I won't need them.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Quite a good day for me - I've enjoyed the tennis and the football to come should be interesting.

Had quite a long chat with my friend Colin whom I met in AA years ago. He has had both colon and bladder cancer to contend with but is slowly getting better.

Then I phoned my sister and we had quite a lengthy chat - she suffers from bad migraines and is seeing her GP tomorrow as her current medication doesn't seem to be working.

I'm OK - just a little nervous every time I go to bed, dreading a repeat of last Friday when I woke up so ill. I have 2 bags packed, ready to go to the hospital at any time if needed but obviously hoping I won't need them.
Thank-you for the update Dreamy.
I am really glad you have had a good day.
It is always nice to chat with someone that you have known for a while. It is good your friend is in recovery.
I hope your sister gets sorted.
Ffosse
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 06:53 PM

Thanks, Sweetie, Anne has been good to me when I have been ill, always visiting me and bringing me things on my lengthier stays.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 07:02 PM

Thanks, Sweetie, Anne has been good to me when I have been ill, always visiting me and bringing me things on my lengthier stays.
I am glad you have a good relationship now.
Ffosse
Edinburgh

11-07-2018, 09:07 PM

My other 2 siblings I've not seen since my Dad's funeral in 1995.

We were always very different growing up.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

11-07-2018, 11:11 PM

My other 2 siblings I've not seen since my Dad's funeral in 1995.

We were always very different growing up.
Families can be difficult.
Just saying Goodnight Dreamy. X
Ffosse
Edinburgh

12-07-2018, 12:52 PM

Things are going well today - really could do with some fruit and salad but have decided to leave that for tomorrow. I can manage along to my local Co-Op.

One other thing: I'm tired a lot but have been resisting going to bed. I'll be watching TV and feel myself beginning to nod off. It's strange because I have been sleeping well at night.

The antibiotics and the needle jags end on Friday; I'm a little worried about ending them but am hopeful that they are working and ending the infections.

Watching tennis later on - I think it's Ladies day at Wimbledon.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

12-07-2018, 02:36 PM

Things are going well today - really could do with some fruit and salad but have decided to leave that for tomorrow. I can manage along to my local Co-Op.

One other thing: I'm tired a lot but have been resisting going to bed. I'll be watching TV and feel myself beginning to nod off. It's strange because I have been sleeping well at night.

The antibiotics and the needle jags end on Friday; I'm a little worried about ending them but am hopeful that they are working and ending the infections.

Watching tennis later on - I think it's Ladies day at Wimbledon.
Glad things are going well today Dreamy. Do resist going to bed, that is a bad habit. You are not really used to watching TV, so I guess that must make you tired, I actually watch very little. But it is a good thing for you.
You are always in my hopes and prayers, so let us hope the infections are cured. x
Ffosse
Edinburgh

12-07-2018, 05:11 PM

Just had a long phone chat with a neighbour I'd barely spoken to in 11 years. I think my illness has made me a bit lonely and, although forums are great, they can't really replace real people.

We just had a general gossip about the neighbourhood, people we both know etc. She's offered to go down to Tesco for me anytime I want which is really generous of her although I probably won't take her up on it. I'm lucky living above a shop so I'll never actually starve; but tomorrow it's the Co-Op for me. It's only a 7 minute walk there. I'm a bit hesitant about ordering online from Tesco atm because I think, what will happen if I have to go into hospital? I'll have food like tomatoes and apples which will go off.

But we've arranged to have coffee together, nothing romantic, just a new (old) friend I've made. I find it hard to admit but I do get lonely at times.

I watched the womens' semifinals at Wimbledon and realised that soon both the tennis and the football will be over. I'll be stuck with golf which I dislike.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

12-07-2018, 05:17 PM

How lovely for you Dreamy. You are right, real people make the world go round.
I'm sure you find something else to watch on TV. X
Page 120 of 125 « First < 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top