Join for free
Page 13 of 17 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 08:56 PM

Re: Not giving the wrong idea

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Art that's a bit harsh , I guess you have your own reasons for saying that .....
Meg, Maybe so?
I could go on Mastermind with my speciality subject being ... Men....l know them too well!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 08:59 PM

Quite so Bob however, 'it takes two' as they say and if one party isn't the slightest bit interested nothing is going to get out of hand.
I don't think it's a simple as that Meg, human interaction can provide unexpected outcomes even for the most strong willed......I'm a sucker for a pretty girl but I avoid the situation. Lust is sometimes mistaken for love and there have been many regrets the next morning in the cold hard light of day....Mrs Foxe's love is worth more to me than a night of passion. Once the trust is gone there can be no return...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Meg, Maybe so?
I could go on Mastermind with my speciality subject being ... Men....l know them too well!!
I have met a few myself Art the good and the bad ....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I don't think it's a simple as that Meg, human interaction can provide unexpected outcomes even for the most strong willed......I'm a sucker for a pretty girl but I avoid the situation. Lust is sometimes mistaken for love and there have been many regrets the next morning in the cold hard light of day....Mrs Foxe's love is worth more to me than a night of passion. Once the trust is gone there can be no return...

Oh Foxy, what a lovely thing to say about your wife.
She is a lucky girl.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh Foxy, what a lovely thing to say about your wife.
She is a lucky girl.
Thanks Mups, I'm just an old softy......
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Maybe not for some Bob but for me no means no.
I used to chat to a neighbour when out with the dog or working in the garden, I was friendly with his wife too.
He told me all kinds of confidences, he had various health issues. His wife worked nights and he said he would like a friend to take out for the occasional meal. I said no that would be overstepping the line of friendship (because he was married).
As I said it takes two..

The OP says he is separated we don't know any different so I see nothing wrong with him wanting a friend.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 09:19 PM

I used to chat to a neighbour when out with the dog or working in the garden, I was friendly with his wife too.
He told me all kinds of confidences, he had various health issues. His wife worked nights and he said he would like a friend to take out for the occasional meal. I said no that would be oversteping the line of friendship.
As I said it takes two..

I agree Meg.
'Ere, what's going on here? I always seem to be agreeing.
People will think I'm creeping.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

18-12-2016, 09:47 PM

He told me all kinds of confidences, he had various health issues. His wife worked nights and he said he would like a friend to take out for the occasional meal. I said no that would be overstepping the line of friendship (because he was married).
As I said it takes two..

The OP says he is separated we don't know any different so I see nothing wrong with him wanting a friend.
Yes Meg that's what I would have done, from small acorns........

Out of respect for all the good times me and Mrs Fox have enjoyed, if we separated it would be a very long time before I would want to engage in a friendship with anyone else.

Strikes me that Devon is very shallow.....From one love to the next....
Lizzie Jones
Canada
Lizzie Jones is female  Lizzie Jones has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by devon56 ->
One thing that my recent marital separation has given me is more time to do things.

There's a (single) lady who lives near to me whom I've known for a while.

We meet occasionally on the street and have the odd humorous exchange online but we've never had any further involvement.

I have no amorous intentions towards her but would like to know her more as a friend (and no more).

I am, however, a bit hesitant about inviting her for a drink or whatever in case she just sees me as some newly single bloke suddenly on the make.

How do I make the approach without giving the wrong idea?
Ask her over for a coffee or tea and tell her you are looking for friends.

Be direct and honest. It can't hurt.
devon56
London
devon56 is male  devon56 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Men like you make me feel sick! Only the naive will be taken in by you!
Interesting statement. Are you able to expand further on this?

Page 13 of 17 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top