Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 10:48 PM

Re: Frustrating trying to connect to shop's wifi, (hot spots)

Originally Posted by islandman ->
Hi Realist, after I'd read your post No 2 in bed last night, I decided to delve into The Cloud when I woke. I have now installed The Cloud app on my phone and it shows where their hot spots are though out the uk and on zooming.
Islandman, The Cloud is not an app, it is just an internet service, a broadband portal just like your internet router at home. If you installed an app then I guess that is for something specific, as you say, to show where Cloud outlets are located.

To use The Cloud you just search for WiFi signals on your laptop or phone just as you would at home. Then when you fine _TheCloud just connect to it. Open your browser and it should display a Cloud Home Page which will have a "Continue" button on it. Press that and you are off and away. Of course the first time you do this you need to register with the site and provide an email address. The site appears to remember your device MAC Address (I guess) so I have never needed to "log in" when using it. When you use a different device that it doesn't know about, it will ask for your email address and password just that once, and then from that point on it also remembers that device and so on.
islandman
Dorset UK
islandman is male  islandman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Islandman, The Cloud is not an app, it is just an internet service, a broadband portal just like your internet router at home. If you installed an app then I guess that is for something specific, as you say, to show where Cloud outlets are located.

To use The Cloud you just search for WiFi signals on your laptop or phone just as you would at home. Then when you fine _TheCloud just connect to it. Open your browser and it should display a Cloud Home Page which will have a "Continue" button on it. Press that and you are off and away. Of course the first time you do this you need to register with the site and provide an email address. The site appears to remember your device MAC Address (I guess) so I have never needed to "log in" when using it. When you use a different device that it doesn't know about, it will ask for your email address and password just that once, and then from that point on it also remembers that device and so on.
Thanks for that, it makes sense now. Yes the cloud app does indeed when zooming in, show established wifi spots. So really that is an unnecessary thing I may delete. Now I know about connecting to the cloud, I will try that. Have noted the procedure. Will report back.

PS, and in my emails is this:-
Welcome to The Cloud

Hi Colin,

Thank you for registering with The Cloud WiFi at M&S - Weymouth. You now have access to over 20,000 hotspots across the UK in popular places such as restaurants, cafes, bars, train stations and shopping centres.

so we should be set to go then.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 01:25 PM

I use the Cloud quite a lot, I tend to drink too much beer though!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top