Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
islandman
Dorset UK
islandman is male  islandman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2016, 07:52 AM

Ipad battery not lasting long

My ipad is less than two years old. I monitor the battery frequently but yesterday was surprised to find it flat for the first time ever. I gave it a full charge, used the ipad for less than ten minutes, had a five min skype and today it shows 26%, which surprised me, if anything would have expected to see 80%+.

I have removed/deleted recently added webpages from home screen and some rarely used apps and put it on charge again. Once it shows 100%, I will leave it in sleep mode, something I have always done, rarely switching off, and watch what happens.

Have any of you experienced a quicker than normal run down of battery life and how was it resolved?.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2016, 10:13 AM

Re: Ipad battery not lasting long

I'm not very familiar with iPads but are there many apps running in the background? This can be seen in the 'Settings > General > Background App Refresh' department. The iPad we have only has a few turned on but having too many will increase the demand on the battery.

Other than that, perhaps it is that the battery that hasn't lived up to expectations. I think Apple might be quite sympathetic if that were the case and perhaps change it.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2016, 10:38 AM

I have an iPad and the battery life is not brilliant at all...that together with the appallingly difficult PC interface software program of iTunes to transfer videos and photos and music to the iPad has made me order a SAMSUNG - Galaxy Tab A 9.7" Tablet - 16 GB to use instead, I am sat here waiting for delivery as I type.
Here's hoping that I find the Lollypop OS nice and simple to operate
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2016, 10:48 AM

you could try turning the brightness down on the screen.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2016, 12:38 PM

I have had my !pad 5 years and haven't had any problems, except it takes longer to charge than it used to.
I know using Skype and Facetime it can run it down very quickly.
I always double click the button when I have finished to flip up apps that might be running in the back ground, and every so often I run the battery completely down before charging, this as always worked for me.
islandman
Dorset UK
islandman is male  islandman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2016, 12:57 PM

Oddly enough, several things have come to light since posting.

Firstly I didn't know there was an update waiting to take it to 9.3 which I have done. Secondly it appears there are some rougue battery's out there and I will check to see if mine is one of them.

It has now fully charged and I'm not going to touch/use it to see if it drops quickly.

Prior to buying this ipad 18 months ago, I too had a Samsung Galaxy tab 3 and it was great, however thinking an ipad would be even better, I'm not sure now.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2016, 01:52 PM

I was going to suggest turning off running Apps. It's surprising how many there can be if you forget. My battery also runs down quick: I get fed up with it.
islandman
Dorset UK

29-03-2016, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I was going to suggest turning off running Apps. It's surprising how many there can be if you forget. My battery also runs down quick: I get fed up with it.
Jazzi, yes, it is frustrating if you forget to keep an eye on the state of the battery then discover it is very low just when you need it, that's why I was shocked when mine showed red. As for apps that run in the background, I've never been sure which should and which shouldn't. It's the same I suppose with laptop's. When folk say their laptop takes ages to get going, people ask if there are any programs in the background that could be delayed, but I for one don't know which can and which can't.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2016, 03:19 PM

Trouble with laptops you should always take the batteries out if using on the mains unless charging.
islandman
Dorset UK

29-03-2016, 03:21 PM

That ios 9.3 update seems to be far from satisfactory

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...pen-links.html

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top