Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 06:35 PM

Re: Warning email alert

Some people here have been getting false emails from a legitimate firm called Intrim Justitia demanding payment for a debt and threatening baliff is you dont pay. Intrim Justitia are a credit management company so if you google their name it looks real enough but the emails are not from them.
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 12:03 AM

Makes you wonder why you bother to come on the internet. I don't have that much money to be taken by these bastards, but if they did, I would have to visit the food distribution charity in town, to survive. We all struggle enough as it is, and I wonder what makes these bastards so coldly nasty to other people.

Tell me what is the point of having a computer, learning how to use it, only to have your identity stolen, your money stolen one way or another.

We are very careful at home - we shred anything that has our name and address etc. on it, and our wheelie bin gets rather full of bulky shredded paper. We NEVER throw un-shredded paper work of any description into our bin, because we do know that there are people who go around searching inside peoples' bins when they are put outside the property ready for the collection. The £9.99 it cost us to buy an electric shredder has been well worth the money, and it has earned it's keep tenfold !

I have a telephone recording facility at home, which I am now leaving on permanent 'record', so if the landline rings we can just listen to any message spoken and if it is somebody who is a friend or relative, or a company that we need to be in contact with we can intercept the call and just carry on with the conversation. That way we put off unwanted callers, cold calling to sell things, or anybody we don't want to talk to. As far as they are concerned, we could be out or in the shower - and if they leave an iffy message, it is recorded, and we can get their number (if they haven't hidden their number). Incidentally my greeting message just says we are unable to take the call at the moment, please leave a message and number and we will call them back later. That way nobody knows if there is anybody in the house or not ! It is folly to say 'We're out at the moment, please leave a message' It's telling the world that your house is unoccupied and ready to be burgled!

The internet, however, is a different ball game. Just, so long as you remember not to click on a link that is quoted in an email, theoretically you should be safe enough. But the buggers are getting cute and communications are looking far more genuine than ever. My attitude is never give any personal information, or account numbers, pin numbers, passwords, etc. over the phone or over the internet. There is no need for people to demand such information. It is nobody's business but yours !
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
The internet is becoming an even more scary place to hang out these days.
No it is not. These scams all have certain charactaristics in common and the responce is exactly the same for all of them.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 12:48 AM

Thanks for telling us that....er what is it?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Thanks for telling us that....er what is it?
Delete them.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top